NYX Eyeshadow Base (Skin Tone) Reviews

Ranked #296 out of 390 in Makeup

March 10, 2016

This is a nice base to any eyeshadow. I like to use it over my primer to leave a solid color surface before I apply my eye shadow for the day. Love how light this color looks even with lighter shadows. It stays put all day and doesn't crease when I use my primer with it.

April 23, 2015

This is a good eyeshadow base, although I wouldn't say it's 100%. Don't apply too much or it will crease and also, let it dry for a minute before you apply your shadow. It does make shadow brighter and more intense, however, I just wish it would last all day. I love that it is skin tone. Because of this, it also makes/doubles as an awesome concealer!!

November 27, 2014

I'm not very impressed with this primer. You get 7g for $7USD. On a positive note, this lasts a long time and doesn't dry out. The texture and consistency are very nice and the pigmentation is there as well. This primer is just a little too thick and a little too sticky -- use it sparingly. I think the color is just a liiiittle too dark to be considered a general "skintone" but it is a nice neutral, matte shade. I definitely like this over a higher quality primer to even out the color of my lids, but on its own, this isn't crease-proof, so it's not my favorite.

October 24, 2014

This is a ok product...i find that this base doesn't really enhance the colour of my eye shadow that much. Maybe the white one will be better..Also, i have oily lids and i find that this product does not help with that at all...but i guess i got what i paid for

June 15, 2014

My skin type is a combination of oily and dry. Personally I tend to accumulate more natural oils around my eyes and this product just does not work well for me. I tried multiple application techinques and none seem to work properly. My eye shadow begins to fade after 2 hours of wearing it and then by the end of the day my eye makeup look totally different. Great price though!

October 17, 2013

Tried this out because eye shadows tend to fade off my skin pretty easily, this was a great price and I have loved NYX in the past. This product kept my eye shadow on all day at work and kept the colour bright and vivid like I just put it on. It also made my eye lids feel moisturized, smooth and soft. Great product for a good primer on your eyes.

September 10, 2011

This is one of the three eyeshadow base's that NYX makes (I have reviewed the other two separately). Of all three, this is my favorite. Rather than get into a lengthy review of it like I have previously done, I will ask a few about the product and then rate it on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best, 1 the worst).
Does it prevent creasing? 7.
Does it make eyeshadows appear more vibrant? 9.
Does it make your eye makeup longer wearing? 9.
Is it easy to apply? 10.
Could it be worn alone? 10. (Depending on your skin tone).
hope you try it out (: x

jayvelyn926 added a new review for