NYX Lip Lingerie Reviews

Ranked #18 out of 1022 in Lipstick

November 24, 2016

I have this liquid lipstick in 3 shades and I love them all. Just like all of their other products, it's very affordable (around $10cad).

I don't find the formula excessively drying on the lips but after a long day, my lips do feel a little dehydrated. The formula sometimes has tiny clumps in it which is annoying, but it's not a deal breaker for me. The colour can be kind of sheer in some of them, but 2 coats will do the trick. My faves are 04 ruffle trim, 10 teddy, and 12 exotic. Really lovely nudes!

November 17, 2016

Woooooooo... love this babies! They are the perfect shade for any skin tone. They work well when combined with any type of lip liner (that is colour coordinated with the lip lingerie). They are so cheap, and work so well!

October 15, 2016

Was super excited when I ordered 4 colours online. However I found them very blotchy on my lips. They felt very tight as well. I was excited about the colours for fall!

October 13, 2016

This is my first NYX product and won't be my last! This lipstick has a consistency of a mousse gloss when applied and quickly turns to a matte stain. I got exotic (#12) and I couldn't be happier about both the quality and price. I swatched this on my hand in store to see the staying power (I was worried because it looked like a gloss) and within only a few seconds I couldn't rub it off my hand without soap and water! This lipstick even lasts throughout a meal! I have fair pink undertoned skin and this colour shows up as a nude burnt Orange/red/brown. I love how it plays into the whole '90s revival brown toned liptsick trend but is still super wearable, even for day time. My only concern is that I find it difficult to create a straight line with the wand, but this may just be my own inability!

September 29, 2016

For what you pay, it's a great product. Very pigmented, smooth application, doesn't smell chemically.
I have tried several of the colours, all of them have suited my pale/light skin

September 26, 2016

this is by far the most wearbale drugstore lipstick i own! i am impressed with the quality of the lipstick, it's loglasting ( better than a lot of high-end products). i own two of these and shortely will be bying more fo sure!

September 24, 2016

I am very surprised when reading these reviews because this is currently my favourite lip product.
These are very affordable, I think $10.49 at SDM. The colour selection are all nudes/mattes which are "in" as of right now. A lot of them a little bit too brown for me - I prefer the ones with the more pinky undertones.
You DO have to apply twice though, I will agree on that. Just once on the lips doesn't seem to be enough but two coats gives me an even look. I do not feel the product on my lips at all, it does dry quickly and I have minimal to no transfer when drinking from cups/eating etc. For me, the product stays on for the majority of the day! I maybe reapply two-three times in a 10 hour time frame.

September 23, 2016

It was okay, I loved the shades and the way it was matte, but it looked soo dry so fast. So disappointed because I love NYX.. I would maybe try in a more humid season or try when my lips arent as dry but i probably wont buy it agauin

September 23, 2016

I love everything NYX usually, so I was so disappointed with this liquid lipstick line. If you love their liquid suede lipstick, as I do, don't have high expectations for these. The quality is not nearly as good, and you have to reapply every 20 - 30 minutes as it comes off and ends up looking like a lip liner instead of a lipstick. It also dries out my lips a lot. The formula needs major improvements; however, the shades are so beautiful.

September 15, 2016

I tend to lean toward nude/neutral matte lipstick shades, so when I learned about NYX's Lingerie lipstick line (which is all nude shades and also matte), I was ecstatic! The price is a little more than I'm normally willing to spend on a tube of lipstick, but I figured I could splurge a little for something I'd been looking for. I've tried NYX's lip products in the past and was very impressed with their Soft Matte Lip Cream, so I figured I could expect great quality from this product too.

Gotta say I was really disappointed in this particular lipstick. I purchased this product in the shade Baby Doll, which is the lightest shade in the line; I was looking for something that wasn't too dark or too pink and Baby Doll seemed to fit the bill. The lipstick itself is very creamy and buttery inside the tube and it glides onto the lips relatively nicely. The issues started once the product was on my lips.

The color itself isn't too terrible and is mostly true to the color you see in the tube. First of all, this product goes on rather streaky and will require a couple coats of lipstick for an even finish (that could just be an issue with the lighter colors, though). I expected this product to eventually dry on my lips too, but after a second coat of lipstick, it stays tacky and honestly feels like Scotch tape on my lips. In addition, this lipstick accentuates every single crease and wrinkle in my lips in the worst ways, making them look absolutely awful and dried out. Oh, and don't even think about pressing your lips together either, because this will smear your even coat and make it look worse.

You really have to work to get this stuff off your skin too. I had to scrub for some time with baby oil to get it off my lips. I like a lip product with staying power, but this was just a little ridiculous.

Overall, I'm not impressed at all with NYX Lip Lingerie. It's sticky, it smears and it makes my lips look and feel crappy. I really had high hopes for this product, but honestly, I've used better-quality lipsticks that were a fraction of the cost of this one. This isn't to say NYX has bad products in general because they certainly don't. This one was a real dud and I fully intend to return it because I'm never going to use it again. Le sigh, my quest for a good matte nude lipstick continues.