NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Soft Spoken Reviews

Ranked #12 out of 1019 in Lipstick

November 25, 2016

I bought this product because I was right in the middle of an obsession with liquid lipstick, and the colour was absolutely perfect. When I applied the product, the pigmentation was extremely uneven and the formula was just awful! When I tried to layer on product to fix the patchiness, it would rub off the prior product and emphasize every single line in my lips. It took forever for it to dry down too, and it got everywhere on my face/teeth! So much for long-lasting wear.

November 16, 2016

One of my favourite lip products! I love Liquid Lip Suede because of the creamy application and beautiful colours. Soft Spoken and Vintage are my go to shades. This is a long lasting formula that I find myself needing to reapply only once throughout the day. excellent quality for the price.

October 21, 2016

I LOVE this lipstick so much! It is an affordable and easy to find drugstore product. Also, the formula is comfortable, easy to apply, long lasting and the colour is beautiful! It's my perfect 'everyday' colour. I like that this does not dry out my lips at all and it's easy to wear!

October 16, 2016

Ces lipsticks sont très beau et tienne vraiment bien,mais malheureusement j'ai tellement les lèvres sèches qu'il ne me plait pas vraiment....il assèche beaucoup les lèvres et j'ai beaucoup de misère à l'enlever puisqu'on dirait qu'il sèche extrêmement sur mes lèvres..par contre toutes mes amies l'ont aimé donc je crois que ce produit n'est simplement pas fait pour moi.

October 05, 2016

Je suis surprise de la qualité de ses rouge à lèvre. Bien pigmenté sur les lèvres il tient bien sur ma bouche.belle couleur riche qui fait très automnale.

October 05, 2016

I love the texture, finish, and colour of this. Application is also very convenient. Unfortunately it has very short staying power and it comes off easily. It also dries out my lips and smudges quite easily.

September 24, 2016

The colour and pigmentation was amazing but it was so drying on my lips I didn't want to even try it again. Wanted to love this one... I will not be repurchasing.

September 24, 2016

A great colour, warm and carries well across different seasons/ styles of clothing. A great lip product for day and night. It doesn't stay on as long as I would like but this was still a great product. I love trying different lip products so I'm undecided as to whether I would buy this/another colour again

September 23, 2016

5) Amethyst
There are a total of 12 colours on the NYX Canada website
Price: $ 10.00 CAD each

Where Can I find this?
1) NYX website (http://www.nyxcosmetics.ca/)
2) NYX Stores (Toronto, Ontario)
3) Shoppers Drug Mart
4) London Drugs
5) Funk n' Frost
6) If you live in the U.S. I have heard that these can be found online at the NYX website, at Ulta or Target

What does the NYX Liquid Suede product Claim?
This product claims that it:
1) Glides on and sets into a striking Matte Finish
2) Is Velvety Soft
3) Waterproof
4) Long Lasting
5) Creates a positively polished look with every swipe

So, does it live up to what it claims? Let's dive into the PROS/CONS of this product:

PROS:
1) The price (it is pretty affordable)
2) There are a wide selection of colours available (from neutral colours to bright/bold colours)
3) Doe foot applicator brush is easy to use and glides the product easily onto the lips
4) Formula is soft & creamy - very comfortable on the lips
5) The colour on your lips will last long
6) Lipstick can come off at the end of the night with the use of a makeup wipe
7) Cruelty Free

CONS:
1) Will have to reapply the lipstick after having a meal containing any oil (this happened to me after several hours of wearing Vintage)
2) Can transfer even when it is set on your lips
3) Depending on the colour, it does not necessarily dry 'matte' like it claims
Amethyst - dries matte
Soft Spoken - dries matte
Orange County - dries mattehas a more creamy/velvet finish when it dries
Vintage - has a more creamy/velvet finish when it dries
Stone Fox - has a more creamy/velvet finish when it dries
4) Not Waterproof
5) Only get 4mL of product

My Personal Review:

I think that the NYX Liquid Suede product is great; however, I feel a little bit torn. I really love the formula as it is long lasting and very comfortable to wear on the lips. I also love that there is a broad colour selection to choose from. The downside I would have to say is that the packaging is a little deceiving. While the NYX Liquid Suedes have a much larger bottle than other NYX products, you actually get more product when you purchase the smaller bottles (ie. Soft Matte Lip Creams).

I did some thorough investigating and here is the product breakdown:

NYX Liquid Suede (4mL) = $10 CAD
Xtreme Shine Lip Cream (7mL) = $ 9 CAD
Soft Matte Lip Cream (8mL) = $9 CAD
Intense Butter Gloss (8mL) = $ 8 CAD

Personally, I really love the Liquid Suede and Soft Matte Lip Cream formulas. I am a Matte-Lipstick kind of girl and the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams have several bold colours that are very similar to the NYX Liquid Suede colours. For a $1 less, you get 2x as much product. It almost seems that the best deal for your money would be to invest in the Soft Matte Lip Creams vs. The NYX Liquid Suede.

Overall, I still definitely recommend the NYX Liquid Suede product due to its wonderful colour selection, formula longevity and affordability. I love every colour that I bought! Will I be repurchasing this product? Well, I might look into the Soft Matte Lip Creams first because you get more product for the $ price you pay but the Liquid Suedes have so many bold colours that are tough to find! Most likely if it's a very different colour (ex. such as Stone Fox) I'll be purchasing it! Let me know your thoughts if you give it a try!

September 08, 2016

I love my NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Soft Spoken! The colour is very pretty almost neutral but with a hint of a rosy pink. It goes on smooth and then stay matte for the most part. You will have to touch up just a little at some point. If your lips start to feel slightly dried out, the best thing to do is just lightly tap a little bit of lip balm on your lips but not to much. I have two colours and plan to try the others!

TiaQ has posted in the forum topic
free perfume sample!

Anonymous has posted in the forum topic
Best straighteners out there?

laura2423 has posted in the forum topic
Foot Care

laura2423 added a new review for
MotriMAX 12 hour

laura2423 has posted in the forum topic
ChiackAdvisor app?????

TiaQ has started a new forum topic
free perfume sample!