NYX Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray

NYX Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray Reviews

Ranked #5 out of 60 in Setting Spray

March 26, 2017

Great product -- sometimes almost TOO matte. Keeps everything in place, though would NOT recommend for dry skin. Affordable price point with quality result -- does what it says and would definitely repurchase.

March 05, 2017

This is a decent setting spray. It's an excellent drugstore setting spray. It does the job! It doesn't really give sun protection. It is lightweight and dries after a few minutes of applying it. I would recommend this to anyone on a budget looking for a quick and cheap fix!

March 01, 2017

My t zone usually looks like an oil slick by noon. I've tried pretty much every setting spray, including UD but nothing helped. I tried the regular version of this first and it was so so. Then I came across the matter version, and it was love at first spray. At most, I've had to blot once during the day. Living in South Florida, that days alot. I can't count how many bottles of this I've gone through. It's the best.

December 04, 2016

This stuff does wonders. I buy this over the urban decay setting spray. I find this holds a lot more for a lot longer and am happy I tried it. It has a great mist to it and hasnt let me down yet.

November 28, 2016

This is a very inexpensive setting spray. I think for the price, it does an ok job. For foundation, I don't find it helps keep it looking good all day. I do like this spray for eye shadow. I think it does a good job holding eye shadow.

September 27, 2016

I dislike this product very much. It seems to be quite a hit with most people but I personally find it very drying and has an awful alcohol like smell. I didn't even go through the whole bottle as there are many other setting sprays that I have tried and would rather use. I do love NYX as a brand but the packaging and product for this setting spray is below what I am used to getting quality wise from them.

August 06, 2016

This setting spray is alright. I have pretty oily skin and it did make my makeup last a bit longer than if I were to go without it buutt I think there are better sprays out there.

July 18, 2016

This is a good little spray and is pretty cheap.
    It doesn't spray as well as some other products I've used, it doesn't seem to "disperse" as wide and so I need to spray it a few times to get everywhere I want. It does tone down any oiliness or shine I do have and my makeup does hold for a while longer. Neither of these things lasts all day, I would give this a "lasting power" of just a few hours, I would recommend using a matifying powder with it.
    I do agree with the "scent" thing I read on the other reviews, there is definitely a weird scent too it but I don't feel it to be too strong and it does fade after a few moments.

July 18, 2016

I've never tried this one but I would like SO MUCH! My skin is so oily and I think it could work so well for mattifying my skin! I've try some product of NYX and I LOVE THEM A LOT! But this setting spray I just can't find it! (SAD FACE)

July 18, 2016

Shine is fine ~ Just not when you're talking how your skin looks by the end of the day! NYX Cosmetics has come up with an amazingly priced, long lasting, shine controlling but water based setting spray ~ Matte Finish! I found it very lightweight with actual stay all day strength ~ even in warmer humid weather where my skin has a tendency to get really shiny by day's end. As a devotee of UD's De-Slick Setting Spray I can honestly say the NYX Matte Finish gives very comparable results yet comes in under $11 ~ which is simply Brilliant!