• NYX Nude Matte Shadow

NYX Nude Matte Shadow Reviews

1 review
Ranked #760 out of 1155 in Eye Shadow

November 07, 2014

NYX used to be one of my favorite drugstore makeup brands, but I feel like they've been slacking recently. These shadows cost $4.50USD -- I can't seem to find the amount of product on the packaging.
    I was in need of a matte black single eyeshadow to set my eyeliner and wanted to try something new. I picked up two of these: Betrayal (a dark, cool brown) and Stripped (a dark, grayish black). The shadows are soft and they blend nicely, but they aren't very pigmented. I feel like I need a lot of product to get the color I see when I look at the product in the pan. The shade Stripped is the darkest color in the line, the only "black," and it's more of a dark gray, which was really disappointing. Another issue I have with these is that it's hard to see the colors without opening the packaging. Obviously, you can't open the shadows in the store and there aren't always testers. I do not feel like these colors are true to their appearance, and that really bugs me -- you think you're getting one thing, but you're really getting another. Overall, I don't like these -- the not-pigmented thing is a big problem.

scoof added a new review for
    Pine-sol lavender clean 4x

scoof added a new review for
    Candy Crush Saga

bhorv23 added a new review for
    Avon Bubble Bath

Melcb777 added a new review for
    Mac eye shadow satin taupe

bhorv23 added a new review for