Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Reviews

Ranked #761 out of 1079 in Lipstick

A high-opacity lipstick concentrate with unprecedented longevity.

1.5/5

February 17, 2016

Terrible formula, left my lips not hydrated at all. They got itchy . The formula slips everywhere. Very disappointed about this Brand/ beauty product.

February 12, 2016

I love how pigmented the color is. This product also lasts a long time on my lips. However it dries my lips and the product itself does not dry so if your lips accidentally touch your clothes or hands the color will transfer. Application is also not great, it bleeds even with a lip pencil. I do not think this product is for me.

January 22, 2016

While I love the vibrant, opaque colours, OCC Lip Tars are slightly messy during application. They do last several hours without reapplication, however I find they are terribly drying to my lips.

March 09, 2015

This is great for any occasion and it stays on for very long so you don't need to reapply. bright vibrant colours. looks good in any shade you choose. it is really worth it for the price.lovely .

March 09, 2015

You need a lip brush to apply. It does last a long time and the colours are vibrant. I found they dry my lips pretty bad so I need to use a moisturizing lip balm.

March 09, 2015

These lip tars are amazing! They're a cross between a lipstick and gloss and are highly pigmented and opaque. Surprisingly, I only needed two tiny drops to cover my lips. Although it looks like a small tube, it's going to last you a long time. You do need a lip brush for a smooth and precise application and I usually apply a lip liner first to help prevent any bleeding color. They could be a little drying, so make sure to prime your lips with some balm first. They come in a variety of colors and you can also mix two of them together to create a new shade. They are pricey (approx. $20), but definitely something to consider if you'd like to splurge on a treat for yourself.

December 08, 2014

I've never been one to shy away from a bold lip colour and I'm surprised it took me so long to attach myself to the OCC Lip Tar trend. They offer a wide variety of styles (gloss, matte, metallic) in a vast spectrum of shades and tints, often encouraging ambitious users to blend colours together for an all-together new look. But don't let the name fool you, these aren't 'tars' that stick to your lips. They are hyper-pigmented liquids that act more like hardcore glosses than lipsticks.

I currently own Lovecraft, Pretty Boy, Nylon and Hoochie and I find that the consistency really depends on you. I highly recommend the primer to keep your lips from drying out (or any primer) and using a clear lipliner to really strike the definition and prevent feathering. (I find the metallics are more drying but also transfer less than the 'matte' formula)

This is NOT a lip product for the casual initiate, you need to really be dedicated to benefit from the power of OCC. But if you're cool with that? Then these are fantastic tools to enhance your look.

October 23, 2014

this is such a super cute product! i love it!

October 23, 2014

I absolutely love lip paints! Soon as I saw these I new I had to get Strumpet! It is such a gorgeous colour. They really are obbesive, lol. I also have Melange, I wasn't sure if I was going g to like the colour, but it actually goes really well with my skin tone and it is quite flattering. :)

August 14, 2014

The obsessive compulsive cosmetics lip tar is absolutely gorgeous! I have both the matte and the shiny and they both look great! The only thing that I don't like about it is how messy it is! While applying it, it gets everywhere! The colour is gorgeous, but I would love this product more if the colour stayed on my lips.

Ear12343 added a new review for

best foundation

best foundation

favorite food

winter please goooo away

blubie added a new review for
    Avon Bubble Bath