• OFF! Clip-On Mosquito Repellent
  • OFF! Clip-On Mosquito Repellent

OFF! Clip-On Mosquito Repellent Reviews

Ranked #8 out of 26 in Fitness & Recreation

July 18, 2016

I am actually allergic to mosquito bites and of course, mosquitos love me. I was so relieved to discover this product that isn't overly expensive yet still worked.
I dislike the scents of any bug sprays, I was tired of always spraying myself head-to-toe and smelling so strong. This stuff is just so easy to clip on without any spray and any scent. It does have a very light noise from the little fan but it is very easy to tone out.
This product has dramatically reduced the amount of mosquitos that hang around and I also have less bites. I was very surprised to see that it actually works, I recommend this to anybody who hates mosquitos (which I assume is everyone).

June 06, 2016

I got this for my son as he plays outside and with warmer weather being in half sleeves and shorts, the mosquitos were really a nuisance. He used to get bitten often and then the non stop itch began. Since he has sensitive skin, using a spray was not the very best option until I found this clip on. I must say, it has made a big difference and no more mosquito bites. Will definitely buy more.

June 06, 2016

I received a sample of this product last year, and decided to test it out at a music festival. Around dusk the mosquitos got quite bad, and we found that this product was very effective at keeping them away from us. I far prefer this product to applying spray or lotion right to my skin. I have since seen this product in stores, and although I noted the price was a little high, I would plan to purchase for this summer since I know that the product works, and would be great for the beach, picnics, hiking, etc.

June 06, 2016

Was very surprised this product actually worked as well as it did. As long as you aren't moving around too much, it will keep mosquitos away. Just a small noise, but no bad smells and you don't need to use a spray with it.

October 19, 2015

I started using this clip on repellant fan this summer while gardening - the mosquitos were SO annoying in the evenings before using this!

As soon as I turn the fan on, the mosquito level reduces drastically! I'm able to sit on the back patio again without going in a few minutes later due to these itchy bugs.

Apparently it's not so effective while being active, but for non-active activities, I give it 4*!

September 23, 2015

Mosquito's are always attracted to me, so I thought I would give this a try as I don't like sticky it smelly lotions. This was easy to use and worked fairly well. What I liked was my baby was protected when I was holding him. The design could be a little more appealing as you wouldn't want to wear it to a nice event.

August 07, 2015

I am a mosquito magnet so when I was very excited to receive this OFF! Clip-On Mosquito Repellent from Sample Source for review. The packaging advertised that this product would provide "up to 11 hours" of protection and since the product arrived just before the August Long Weekend, it was perfect timing to test at the lake.

How it works: The product is pretty easy to use. While I did experience some minor difficulty that necessitated pushing the metofluthrin plate further into place to get the fan moving, it was super easy to use once assembled. All I had to do is clip it and turn it on!

The device, which uses a fan to circulate repellent, is approved as a spatial repellent (not for skin). The packaging warns to avoid breathing vapor. This makes sense since according to the label, its active ingredient is metofluthrin --a neurotoxin. ....Unfortunately, I read this AFTER breathing in deeply a few times to conduct a "small test" for this review. But keeping my skin and clothes free from sticky bug spray was worth the accidental inhalation of toxins, which incidentally, had little-to-no scent.

Results: Although the product description says takes a few minutes to build-up efficacy, I noticed the number of mosquitoes near me was significantly reduced as soon as I turned the fan on. Not sure if this was a result of the metofluthrin or simply the physical effect of fan blowing them away.

I continued to wear the clip-on for the rest of the evening and was actually surprised by how well it worked. While I did see mosquitos near me when I moved from the fire to veranda join my aunts in card game, I don't recall ever getting another bite, nor did my team mates.

Bottom line: While I would still recommend Off! Deep Woods for active outdoor occasions (as it takes few minutes for the unit to rebuild its protection every time time you move), Off! Clip-On is ideal for non-active outdoor occasions such as card-playing, sunbathing, or relaxing by the fire.