OGX Quenching Coconut Curls Conditioner

OGX Quenching Coconut Curls Conditioner Reviews

1 review
Ranked #179 out of 540 in Conditioner

May 02, 2016

I have hair that alternates among straight, frizzy, and curly; my preference is curly, because it's forgiving of my slapdash hairstyles that change on a whim. I do tend to need a heavier conditioner, and as a West Indian woman I gravitate towards coconut-scented products, which made OGX Quenching Coconut Curls a natural choice for me.

Straight out of the bottle it smells like coconut but even more like the citrus oils the ingredients boast. More surprising is the odd texture; it's almost gooey and elastic and stretches between your fingers if you rub your hands together. It also tends to drip down onto your face more than a standard conditioner.

But the results are very good! The scent mellows more into a coconutty aroma, and you have to be diligent about washing it out fully. On occasion I don't rinse my hairline of conditioner as scrupulously as the rest, since my frizzies are in the front, but with OGX Quenching I find I need to rinse it out completely or my hair looks greasy. Used properly, the conditioner lets my hair air-dry soft and bouncy, even if its curl-activating properties are unpredictable.