Olay 7 in 1 Total Effects Moisturizer Reviews

Ranked #23 out of 1166 in Facial Lotions & Creams

November 29, 2016

Skin type: Normal - Combination.

I'm usually pretty fond of Olay skin care products, they've always been the choice of my mother and some of the first skin care creams I ever used. Unfortunately, I found this one to be just average, there were a lot of ways in which it stood out, but others that it didn't really seem to do much.

I did notice over my time of use that my face skin tone did seem to be more even and bright, but didn't really notice any positive effects for many of the other seven claims. Having just turned 30, I'm trying to take better care of my skin and the only place I really have wrinkles is at my eyes and my time using this didn't seem to affect them. I feel a targetted eye cream would work better for that.

I did really appreciate the fact that it has a 30SPF in it. I'm extremely pale and sensitive to the sun and many skincare products have only a 15 SPF. Sun damage is one of the leading causes of ageing, so by using this daily, I really felt I was better protecting my skin from future ageing issues.

Unfortunately though, having sunscreen in it meant that it did sting my eyes if I sweated or it rained. It also had quite a strong 'sunscreen' smell.

Moisturising wise, it did a good job. My skin was left softer overall. I didn't find it to be as effective as some higher end moisturisers I've tried, but definitely on par with other moisturisers at this price point. I really like the consistency of the cream, as I prefer a thicker cream. It spreads really easily and you don't need a lot, so the bottle may be small, but it'll last a reasonable amount of time.

SUMMARY
    ********************************************
    Pros
    + Good moisturising power for price point.
    + Overall evened and brighter skin tone.
    + 30 SPF is great for pale skins.
    + SPF helps prevent wrinkles and aging in the future.
    + Consistency of the cream is good and you don't need a lot.

Cons
    - Sunscreen in product can sting eyes when sweating or if it rains.
    - Smells quite strong and has that 'sunscreen' smell to it.
    - Didn't deliver on the seven claims for me.

********************************************
    Note: I received this product for free thanks to Olay, through the Bzzagent website, in exchange for letting them know what I thought about it!

June 07, 2016

Olay Total Effects

Olay® Total Effects 7 in 1 Anti-Aging Moisturizer claims to have the following effects: 1.Visibly smoothes fine lines and wrinkles 2.Evens skin tone appearance 3.Enhances brightness 4.Minimizes the look of pores 5.Visibly reduces age spots 6.Restores firmness 7.Replenishes moisture I used this product diligently everyday (sometimes twice a day) for a month. I did not notice any changes except that my skin was adequately moisturised with it's use. The moisturiser went on smoothly and felt light on my face. It did not irritate my sensitive skin. It has a pleasant scent. I was hoping to see a difference in the lines and wrinkles on my face, but unfortunately I did not. Perhaps with prolonged use I might see a difference. The product container was easy to use. Just one pump dispensed enough of the moisturiser to adequately cover my face and neck. I may purchase this product (on sale) as a summer moisturiser when I want something light on my face. Thank You BzzAgent for the opportunity to trial this product

January 23, 2016

I used this product for over a month religiously and sadly I didn't see any results. On the plus side it's super moisturizing and not greasy. The fragrance is a little too strong for me.

January 21, 2016

Olay total effects 7 in 1 Moisturizer does what it stands for i.e it does moisturize when used regularly.one can feel skin moisturized without those dry patches(which i get when using certain facial cleansers in particular) But apart from that,i have not experienced anything extraordinary.My fine lines are still there (and i have been a regular user).

January 21, 2016

I have been using this product work weeks now and I am starting to notice a change. It helps greatly with my dry skin, and I have noticed that the fine lines on my forehead are slowing vanishing. I really like that there are added vitamins within this product, it is like taking a vitamin for your face, we take it for our bodies why not our faces. I find that it is an expensive product but if you are able to get it at Costco it is a great deal. I do not have to use very much, it is does last for some time. The smell it subtle, almost like a very light perfume scent, not overpowering at all. I am going to continue to use this product for my face as long as i can buy it at Costco.

January 09, 2016

Got a chance to try a free sample (fromm BzzAgent). Was really excited to try it because it was something I normally would not spend that amount of money on, and I'm 'of that age' where making my skin look younger is definitely appealing! Anyhow, on the plus side, the bottle/dispenser is cute and works well, the product feels smooth and silky, is avalable fragrance free and with SPF, and it goes on easily. On the down side, it made my nose break out with weird oily bumps - not quite acne, but similar. My fine lines and wrinkles did not change, and my age spot may have faded a little bit, but definitely did not disapear! All in all, my much less expensive cream moisturizer does just as much and doesn't make my nose break out. Maybe ok for someone without many fine lines, and a different skin type, but will not be something I will buy.

December 19, 2015

I was really excited to try the product of Olay products popularity. Pros: smooth texture, light feeling, absorbs easily, subtle pleasant scent. Cons: not good for oily-acne prone skin, can make you oily through the day, caused new acne. Olay should advertise which skin is best suited for the moisturizer. I have oily-acne prone skin. Before I used it, I barely had any acne on my face. However, after using it for roughly a week, I saw new acne on my face every night. My skin was too moisturized to the point it was oily & shiny through the day. I had blot a few times. I'd suggest it for people with dry skin. I didn't notice the other benefits unfortunately because acne is big focus in skin care for me & distracted me when I used this product.

December 16, 2015

Personally i have never used any type of products on my face as i dont think that i needed ...But gonna be 40 in a few days so figured why not it..Ans besides Thanks to OLAY for sending me out a Trial of
    Olay Total Effects 7X Visible AntiAging... Now i have only been trying it for a couple of days but.... I find my face way more oily and i have never had an oily face before so this is freaking me out a bit ...Ill keep using the product hoping that my skin will adapt to the product,i hope.... And if in 2 weeks my skin is still oily well i will need to say that this product is for sure not for me ... The only difference i see on my skin now is that its at more shiny cuz its more oily ... And i dont like that all ..i am very self concious now to have a shiny face ...BIG difference between A glow and a Shiny face
    HOPE IT CHANGES