Olay Facial Hair Removal Duo System

Olay Facial Hair Removal Duo System Reviews

Ranked #236 out of 444 in Hair Removal

April 17, 2013

Olay Facial Hair Removal Duo contains a skin softening and protecting balm to be applied first, followed by the hair removal cream.

I truly cannot decide how I feel about this product. Sometimes I use it and I love it, other times I am not super impressed with it. I will say it is easy to use and effective. It is certainly gentle on my sensitive skin and doesn’t irritate my face which is extremely important to me. It doesn’t smell great (but this is similar to any other hair removal creams) so I wasn’t surprised. It is just more noticeable because you have it on your face.

My biggest complaint about this product (my only complaint really) is that it does not say how long to leave the cream on, on the tube itself. The instructions are on the package which I threw out and every time I have used the product since I have simply guessed at how long it was supposed to stay on. Once I left it on for too long and it burned my upper lip, and left red marks. This is obviously my fault for leaving it on too long, but my only point here is that there should be clear instructions on the tubes themselves.
I am happy with how long the results last, and my upper lip is extremely smooth afterwards.

Overall I would recommend this product; I would just advise you to pay close attention to the instructions. I do prefer this method to waxing strips so I think I will repurchase when the tube is done.

December 22, 2012

I have always waxed my upper lip, with a lot of pain... I tried the Olay product and in 10 min the hair was gone. I my lip was protected with the protection cream you put on first. It is awesome.. The price is high compared to other hair removal creams.. But if you have sensitive skin this is the best I have found..

January 06, 2012

I really like this product, but I don't love it. Even though I followed the directions and used the skin guarding balm properly, I still had the tell tale redness on my upper lip. That being said however, the product does a very good job as a hair removal product, and that to me is what matters most. I've found that many other facial hair removal products only seem to work partially. I will keep using this product because it is effective and the redness fades, but I will only replace it if I see it on sale for a great price.

Updated On: January 06, 2012

I noticed it shows the average price of this product as $12.99, I have only seen it in stores for $24.99 or there about, I only wish I could find it at the $12.99 cost!

November 20, 2011

I tried posting this and it did not show up in the reviews sorry if it double posts :)

I have tried my fair share of hair removers only to end up with red irritated skin.This caught my eye because it said there is a skin guarding balm included.So I thought I would give it a try. Unfortunately as I aged I began to get these fair fuzzy little hairs above my lip I think all us ladies do and its not flattering at all.But whats worse is trying a hair removal and having a bright red mark across your lip afterwards like I've experienced in the past.This new product from Olay was great I was so happy with the end results.

The balm looks just like a lipstick stick.First you apply the skin guarding balm lightly across the area to be treated.Be sure to apply a thin layer.Using your finger tips massage the balm into your skin going beyond the area treated.Massage for about 20 seconds in a circular motion.This helps so the hair removal cream does not come in direct contact with the skin.

Second:Apply the hair removal cream apply a large layer to your fingertip and smooth over the area where you want to remove hair(where the balm was applied)(DO NOT RUB IT IN)After about 6-8 minutes and no more then 10 minutes remove with a tissue or cotton ball then rinse with lukewarm water.I waited for 10 minutes to be sure.

My skin felt so soft afterwards and best of all no irritated skin.Its been a week and no hairs have grown back, I'm very impressed with this product.