Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting BHA 2% Salicylic Acid Liquid Exfoliant Reviews

Ranked #300 out of 943 in Facial Cleansers

January 04, 2016

The thing that really drew me to this product was that it's supposed to really help with blackheads and clogged pores. Honestly, clogged pores really are the bane of my skincare existence and I've never found a product that has been able to rid me of them - Until now, that is. In the month that I've been using this product, I've seen a significant shift in my skin and those little white bumps that used to drive me crazy and be impossible to deal with have been starting to disappear more and more and I definitely attribute that to this product. I can also say that I think this product has diminished the appearance of my pores overall. Not gonna lie, I feel a little bit like my eyes have been opened in the last year or so to the wonders of BHA on my particular skin and this has been my favorite product that I've tried.

I like to use a good amount of this on a cotton pad and start with my cheeks, where I get clogged pores, and then do my forehead and chin, avoiding the sensitive skin around my eyes. I follow this with a toner mist, and then serums and moisturizers as per my usual routine.

One note that I will give is that I don't personally recommend using this twice a day, because I feel like it could overwhelm the skin a bit. Of course, this is just my opinion. I prefer to use this at night because I do find that it can make my skin look a little bit red right after I use it and I prefer to just take my skin to bed after that. And then in the morning? Skin looks great!

October 17, 2015

I found out about Paula's Choice and this product in particular from online reviews (especially from https://www.reddit.com/r/skincareaddiction/). My skin can be so combination (sensitive, oily, dry, pores are enlarged in places and get clogged easily), so it's hard to find exfoliants that actually work without further irritating my skin.
I've tried a few chemical type exfoliants in the past year or so and they worked well for a time, but this is the one I've been relying on for the past few months and actually feel like I'm making progress with my skin!
I've been using this once a day, usually pm, after cleansing and before moisturizing. It does tend to leave a slight residue on my skin which is why I prefer using it at night (also because it can make your skin sensitive to the sun), but if I let it dry longer I'm sure it would be fine to use under makeup during the day, with a good SPF.
Since I've been using the 2% BHA Liquid, my pores are much clearer and I don't have the same issues I used to with flaky, dry spots around my chin and nose. I still get some slight breakouts on my chin around my time of the month, but they are much less noticeable and go away faster.
I love that this is so gentle and effective. My skin has improved so much while using it, and it's SO inexpensive as well! It's available in small foil packets, deluxe sample bottles or the full size, so it's easy to try out and see if it works before committing to the product (I bought a bunch of samples the first time just in case).
I can't recommend Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid enough. I've tried a lot of decent exfoliants in the past while, but this one is by far my favourite! It's the easiest to use and has helped make my skin much healthier looking.

September 11, 2015

This solution helped minimize the pores in my nose and cheeks - I was quite happy with it.

It didn't have an odor or feel oily - it went on smooth and didn't tingle or sting like other exfoliants.

July 07, 2015

I have been using this for the last month after receiving it in my Topbox and I'm very impressed with it! I have sensitive, acne prone skin and I really believe this has helped curb breakouts. I use it in the morning after I've washed my face and before applying my serum, moisturizer and sunscreen. So far I have only gotten a small pimple and it was gone in a few days. My skin looks smooth and is without redness. It hasn't dried out my skin either.

August 05, 2014

Aside from redness, my skin texture is pretty good. Recently, I have been getting a few pimples on my forehead so decided to give this a try. It did not irritate my sensitive skin at all. The pimples looked a lot smaller just over night and my skin is smoother as well. Even though it's not a miracle cure for pimples, I will continue using it for the exfoliating properties.

August 05, 2014

I used to get a cystic zit or two a month, and this has helped me completely get rid of them! It's also helped get rid of some closed comedones. The smell of the liquid is a little funky, a bit sulfur-ous, but it's not too bad and definitely worth it. It's also a bit pricey, but a bottle lasts for a long time, and you can wait for a good sale to go on before buying.

April 15, 2014

Love, love, love this product!!!!
Tried as samples first. Then purchased 2 bottles with my next order.

It has helped with some light hyperpigmentation, blackheads, and whiteheads. I'm new to Paula's choice but so far I haven't been let down.

Paula's Choice offers trial kits as well if you aren't sure which skincare line to purchase. They also offer free shipping promos which includes Canada so I like to order when shipping is free.

Just placed another order today.

March 25, 2014

I absolutely love this product from Paula's Choice. At first I thought it was kind of pricy, but a single bottle has lasted me for a year. I use this every other night, and it really makes my skin glow. I also use it to spot treat the occasional blemish, and it seems to help them heal much faster.

March 25, 2014

I have been using PC 2% Body BHA for years, all over my body including my face.
I received a sample of the liquid with a recent order and was so excited to try it.

It is a liquid, but it is viscous enough that you can drop a few drops on your face and rub it all around with your fingertips as you go along. There is no need to use a cotton pad to apply it, and waste all the product that just gets absorbed in the pad.

I love this product!

February 19, 2014

This has helped clear up my skin immensely. In my 30's, I developed adult acne (how lovely). I've tried numerous products and this one really helped. Additionally, it really helps combat aging too!