Good

Pecute Grooming Slicker Brush Self Cleaning Dog & Cat Brush Reviews

1 review
Ranked #2 out of 19 in Cat Accessories

September 13, 2016

I own three cats, each with different coat lengths and needs. One has short fur, sheds a lot and has an extremely thick undercoat which is a nightmare to keep matt free. One has a smooth coat, sheds a lot and generally doesn't need brushing except to neaten. The third is extremely fluffy, however he's also a Birman cat, which means he lacks undercoat and thus his fur rarely tangles, but does have a tendency to look nicer with a good brush.

I was very impressed that this pecute brush worked equally well on all three coats! I consider myself somewhat of an expert on cat products as I tend to spend more on my cats than on myself and have tried almost every 'it' brush, scratcher and toy out there. I've tried every kind of brush from the famed 'Furminator' to the small comb style and none of them have been as successful as this one.

I was a little concerned that the sharp, pokey type of bristles would hurt my cats as I've only seen these types of brushes used on thick-coated dogs, but all three of my cats loved it. One thing that was amusing is that my cat who likes to try and chew the brushes while I groom him, was unable to chew this due to the size and design of the brush and it actually made it a lot easier to groom him.

Do be careful not to put your hands in front of the bristle openings when pressing the button, or poke yourself with them as it can be a bit painful, but I cannot overstate how much handier this brush is than the others I've tried. Being able to retract the bristles makes cleaning this a breeze, I honestly don't think I'll use another brush every again.

The button is quite stiff as it works the mechanism, so I would not recommend this for anyone with mobility issues or athritis in their hands, which is a shame as it is quite lightweight and easy to hold.

Overall, I'm incredibly happy with this brush. Works on all coat types, not easy for my cats to chew and clean up is so easy! Would recommend to any cat owner over every 'expensive' brush I've tried!

SUMMARY
********************************************
Pros
+ Works with all coat types (Fluffy, heavy undercoat and smooth)
+ Lightweight despite large size.
+ Comfortable to hold and use.
+ Not an attractive chewing target for cats while brushing (hard for them to get their mouths around)
+ Bristles catch undercoat very well without hurting cat.
+ Leaves coat very soft and neat afterwards.
+ Retractable bristles means cleaning and disposing of hair is super easy.

Cons
- Button is a little stiff and hard to press (not good for those with mobility or strength issues)
- Possible to hurt yourself with the bristles if you're not careful.

********************************************

Neuven added a new review for