PENATEN Medicated Cream Reviews

Ranked #4 out of 344 in Diaper Creams

This German-made product has successfully treated diaper rashes, sunburns, scalds, dermatitis and the relief of itching due to eczema for decades. Also used to relieve heat and perspiration rashes.

February 24, 2017

When my children were small I used this cream on them, It works like a charm. Never had to worry about irritations.This product is the best thing I have ever used. It is also very hard to find. I would recommend it 100% to any new mother out there. Absolutely love it.

February 24, 2017

Dream cream! I used this for my two when they were little and was always pleased with the results and effectiveness. I do agree the tin is a pain to open and would be better in a twist top or bottle. The results it provides are worth the hassle I suppose :) Within days diaper rash was already starting to clear up.

February 24, 2017

If there is any other medicated cream out that that works as well as this I would be very surprised. My son had a couple bad diaper rashes in the beginning of his younger years and nothing would get rid of the redness or pain. I would put a thick layer of Penaten Cream on his rash and within a couple of hours the redness would be completely gone!! I do wish it wasn't such a thick paste..Its very hard to get off clothing and my hands after I wash them. But it does work very well with rashes and soothing the area.

You can also put this cream on your sunburns. I had a really really bad sunburn last year and put it on my face and it immediately soothed my forehead, within a day my sunburn was hardly noticeable....I don't even think there is anything else out there that would possibly get rid of a burn so fast.

I do wish that the cream came in a bottle, and it was a thinner constancy so its easier too apply. When your child's bum is so sore from a rash the last thing you need is a hard cream that is so difficult too apply. But it still works amazing so I will continue too buy it.

This cream costs 8.99$ a small tin at Walmart.

0.5/5

February 24, 2017

When I used this I found it really terrible. It is much too thick and hard to clean baby's area because it cakes on so hard when I tried to clean and I really had to rub. I shouldn't have bought a product that is that abrasive A cream is supposed to be a barrier yes, but should easily be wiped off between changes to keep baby clean. I hated this stuff.

February 24, 2017

This product has both pros and cons. I like the fact it is medicated and my daughters rash was gone within a couple days. But the tin it comes in seems like it doesn't close all the way. The paste is thick and doesn't spread easily.

January 06, 2017

I dislike this product very much. It's a pain to get out of the tin package and is hard to smooth on to the babies bum. It was not effective for us at all.

November 28, 2016

I stopped using this cream because I couldn't stand the little tin that it came it. It was hard to open with one hand (my other hand was on a squirmy baby), and I found it way to sticky. I went back to my go to after trying this (because I had heard good things).

November 07, 2016

Although I do not have children, I have used Penaten Medicated Cream myself for an Acne Treatment.

It is due to the Zinc Oxide ingredient which helps reduce, remove bacteria, dry out, and relieve the redness of acne. It wont clog your pores either, and I along with my Sister put it on like a Mask even for an hour in the evening My Sister sleeps with it overnight, as she has cystic acne pretty bad, and it takes down the size of the cyst and softens it so that it goes away or bursts on it's own. Sounds so gross, but it works.

I also have used this on Sun Burn too. Along with any small rash that didn't need a Doctor's attention. There are many uses for Penaten and I totally have it in my medicine cabinet.

I do recommend this product.

October 18, 2016

My little girl gets a diaper rash every time a tooth is coming in. This cream has saved me many trips to the doctor/clinic! It works wonderfully. Within a day or two, I notice an immediate improvement! My mom swore by it with her 5 children, and I now swear by it!

September 28, 2016

This was by far my favourite cream for babies diaper rash, I could tell that it was soothing for my little ones and it's nice and thick so it protects it from further irritation. I even had a really bad sunburn before and I started using this leftover Penaten I had and it did a world of wonders to keep it soothed and prevented it from peeling completely. I am sure there are many beneficial uses for this cream. It is a trusted brand that even my mother used on me. So I trust it