Philosophy Purity Made Simple Onestep Facial Cleanser

Philosophy Purity Made Simple Onestep Facial Cleanser Reviews

Ranked #339 out of 944 in Facial Cleansers

June 17, 2015

I recently started struggling with my skin being uneven, acne-prone, and discolored. I started trying new things on my face. I picked up a travel size of this cleanser and absolutely love it! It works so well, I've started turning everyone else onto it. One of the few beauty products I will swear by up and down.

May 04, 2015

I don't think I will use another cleanser for a long time. I have normal to dry skin and break out occasionally. This cleanser has the perfect balance for me. My face feels so clean after I use it I can see my make up coming off. It takes off my eye make up as well. My face doesn't feel tight or dry after using it. It says that you don't need a toner but I use a light toner water anyways. This cleanser is pricey but it really worth it.

November 21, 2014

No matter how many times I think I've found a cheaper alternative, I end up disappointed and always come back to this one. This cleanser is amazing, it's safe for eyes so I don't have to use something different to take off mascara. It cleans, has a light scent and leaves my skin feeling refreshed and soft. I love this and always buy the biggest size - more bang for the buck! Bonus is that you don't need to use a lot - a quarter-sized portion will do!

October 23, 2014

I absolutely Love THIS PRODUCT! I received it in sample size (x3) from Shoppers & it's takes off mascara, makeup and leaves my skin wonderfully soft. It causes no breakouts, is a great base from which to add my serum & moisturizers. I purchased the large bottle & am very pleased -it's worth every penny. Note: you do not need much product to remove eye makeup! Extremely gentle:)

October 23, 2014

This is an excellent face cleanser that removes ALL make up at the same time! PLUS it's gentle enough for sensitive, dry skin!

October 23, 2014

AMAZING cleanser! 3 in 1! It is makeup remover, cleanser and toner all in 1! Great for people on the go and busy moms! My skin feels clean, fresh and pure everytime I use this!!

August 23, 2014

Pros:gentle. simple. pleasant scent. soft skin.

Cons:costs more than drugstore brands, but worth it.

The Bottom Line: I highly recommend this - and the 32oz bottle w/pump from QVC.

I've become a bit obsessed with Philosophy products. I'm sure it has to do with the cute, simple packaging and the words of wisdom on the bottles, but they all so far have worked for me and I haven't been let down. My skin is combination and prone to breakouts.

Purity made Simple was the first Philosophy product I tried. It was highly recommended by my mother who suffers from Psoriasis and has changed all of her beauty products to those that are simpler, have less chemicals, etc. This cleanser is one that she found on QVC and she's had great luck with it. I was so convinced that it would work for me that I immediately purchased the 32oz bottle with pump from QVC - about $40.

Using Purity Made Simple
Like many others here, I was very excited to first use this product. The 32oz bottle with pump is awesome - just one pump should do the job - and extremely convenient for use in the shower. The consistency of this cleanser is similar to that of PhisoDerm - slightly runny and not terribly thick. There are no exfoliants and there is a gentle, pleasant scent. When your skin is prone to breakouts or if you have any acne at the moment, grainy exfoliants are necessarily the best thing - you want something that will cleanse gently and that's what this product is.

I wet my face, use one pump, and then rub my hands together and gently apply the cleanser in circles around my cheeks/chin/neck/forehead areas, even over my eyes. Then I rinse. It's very gentle and rinses away easily. Then, my skin feels extraordinarily soft! No fireworks, no red skin from all the rubbing of exfoliants, no tight feeling, just clean, soft skin. The only makeup I tend to use is a tinted moisturizer, so if you use a heavy foundation and heavy eye makeup, you may need to use more or wash twice but I find that one pump is perfect for me.

In the mornings, I follow this with Philosophy's Hope in a Jar moisturizer and my tinted moisturizer...at night, I usually use nothing else unless I'm breaking out, I use Philosophy's On a Clear Day H202 peroxide cream on areas where I've broken out so they dry out before I wake up.

July 24, 2014

I received the full sized bottle as a gift... wow! It's amazing stuff. it's lasted a long time which surprised me. I love that it's a one step process. I use this stuff at night only since it;s the best time to wash off the makeup, the pores, and grime at the end of the night. I use a separate eye makeup remover since the eyes are more delicate spot to work with. I dampen my face with water and then use a small amount of product over my face and neck, massaging it in. It works in a very gentle manner and is very hydrating when you rinse off. I don't need to use it in the morning since it did the best clean up at night time. It has lasted a long time. It's a well made product which does not separate over time. You really only need a small amount of product on your face since this does WORK! I'll have to buy a new bottle soon yet it's worth every penny! (Hello, Sephora!)

January 30, 2014

I received a generously sized sample of this product a couple months ago and I just finished up the bottle. I am in love! This is the first facial cleaner I have ever used that really delivers on everything it promises.
This stuff will take off my eye makup, no special removers required. I was dubious that it would do a sufficient job of eye liner, but it took off every trace just washing my face (paying a little extra attention to my eyes, but nothing like the bother of makeup removers and cotton balls!) And it has never bothered my eyes, either.
It also exfoliates so gently, but the effect is immediately noticeable. I had been using it for a couple weeks and then took a week off to finish off an old cleanser, and when I went back to the Purity product, the difference was both visible and tactile. So smooth and somehow, brighter!
And in spite of the great cleaning, my skin is not dried out by it (and I have pretty dry and sensitive skin.)
I'm going to pick up another bottle today, in spite of the price :(, because I just don't want to be without this stuff now. Its amazing!

Ssamson22 added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
SINGLE AT CHRISTMAS

KieliAnne added a new review for
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes

Khaleesi86 has posted in the forum topic
Gelaze

TiaQ added a new review for
Baby Cubes - 70 ml