Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer

Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer Reviews

Ranked #210 out of 285 in Bronzer

Naturally perfects and protects. EcoBlend featuring OrganiSoy & Eco-Olive. 100% Free of harsh chemicals. 100% Free of synthetic preservatives. 100% Free of parabens. 100% Free of GMO's (genetically modified organisms). 100% Free of synthetic colors. 100% Free of synthetic fragrances. 100% Cruelty free. How green is your makeup? 100% Of the total ingredients are of a natural origin. 15% Of the total ingredients are produced from organic farming. 100% Natural healthy-looking complexion. Formulated with EcoBlend to condition, fortify and protect skin from environmental impurities. OrganiSoy: Helps even out skin tone and texture to restore skin smoothness. Eco-Olive: Natural antioxidant helps shield skin from harsh environmental aggressors. Naturally Perfects & Protects: The finest Italian powder with buildable natural tan glow. Two shades blend together for the most natural finish. EcoCert Certified Organic: Internationally recognized organic certification guarantees the genuine practice of environmental respect throughout the formulation and manufacturing of the product. Natural and organic cosmetic certified by EcoCert SAS F-32600 L'isle Jourdain, according to EcoCert Standards. Eco-Conscious Packaging: 93% Less plastic than a traditional compact (Compared to comparable size powder compacts on the market). Mirror & brush included. Hypoallergenic. Fragrance free. Dermatologist approved. Made in Italy.

October 26, 2015

This Bronzer is exactly what I spent so long looking for! Great color, not too strong of a color which is nice for a change in bronzer. Not too much glitter added in and it stays on nicely throughout the day

May 11, 2015

One of the best bronzers out there. Works well on oily skin as there is no shimmer

June 05, 2010

Price 3/5: For a drugstore product, this bronzer's price is pretty steep. (Approx $14 in Canada) However, since it's organic, I was willing to pay the price.

Quality 3.5/5: Pretty good, but has a somewhat odd smell comparable to vegetable oil. Luckily it's not that noticeable. I like that it's not as shimmery compared to other bronzers. The glitter in this bronzer is more finely milled, and doesn't make the product more prone to cracking/crumbling. (I know because I've dropped it multiple times)

Effectiveness 4/5: Since the shimmer components are not as effective, it can be used on the whole face without giving the effect of a disco ball. Personally, I use it for contouring. My skin tone is pretty pale (MAC NC15 or Revlon Colorstay 150 Buff), but it's not too harsh as a contour, and looks quite natural.

Packaging 3/5: I actually find the packaging to be really cute, and the leaf imprints on the actual bronzer component are a nice touch. However, the mirror my compact detached itself somehow. The brush that it came with can also be quite harsh and applies the product in a streaky fashion. I recommend using your own brushes unless you're on-the-go and have absolutely nothing else. Additionally, the paper packaging can get quite dirty, but I don't really mind since it's supposed to be earth-friendly.

Overall pretty good. The product suffers a little for its earth-friendly image, but it's worth it.

October 01, 2009

It doesn't have any shimmer to it, it's more like a darker powder. Good product but nothing fantastic about it. I love it to contour my face subtly...

August 31, 2009

A good natural glow for the pale like myself. You have to get used to the smell (it's not that perfumed smell you normally associate with makeup), but once you do, you don't notice it. A little pricey, but manageable if you can get it on sale.

April 18, 2009

In a fit of environmental consciousness, I decided to start switching my make up products in a more earth and karma friendly direction. This lead me to Physician's Formula Organic Wear Bronzer. You can pick this up practically everywhere make up is sold these days, and it does have some nice features. I like the mix of colors, and I use it instead of blush to bring out my cheekbones. It has a very cool paper compact with magnetic closures and the brush is stored on the bottom side with a nice little mirror. I'm not sure how well this kit would stay closed fighting for its own at the bottom of your purse though. Overall though, I like it and it gives me a nice hint of tan without covering too thick like some liquids can do. As for the karma and earth side, check out what it has going for it, courtesy of the Physician's Formula website:

100% Natural Origin Makeup
Organic wear® is the first ECOCERT® Certified Organic Line of Makeup in the U.S.

Contains 100% Certified Organic Ingredients

ECOCERT® Organic Certification
Most Organic wear® products are certified by ECOCERT®, an internationally recognized guarantee that environmentally-friendly practices are upheld in all aspects of the product.

Eco-Conscious Packaging
Our patent-pending paper compacts use 93% less plastic than traditional compacts.

Contains EcoBlend™ with OrganiSoy™ & Eco-Olive™ to naturally perfect and protect.

All Organic wear® products are
100% Free of
Harsh Chemicals
Synthetic Preservatives
Parabens
Synthetic Fragrances
Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO’s)
Animal Cruelty