Physicians Formula:Mineral Wear® Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder Reviews

Ranked #378 out of 595 in Foundation

April 14, 2016

I really like this mineral powder but I hate the container. It leaks so much and is almost impossible to carry around. It wore really nice on my face, really easy to blend. I like the tiny bit of shimmer that it gives.

January 11, 2016

Physicians Formula:Mineral Wear® Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder in translucent light is a great product to apply on bear skin or on top of foundation. It is effective to mattify your face and a little product goes a long way. The loose powder comes with a brush applicator which I don't use as I like to use my own kabuki brush which is much softer.

The powder does tend to get a bit messy so it's best to apply it before you change into your work or going-out clothes.

The downside of the powder is that it comes in a container which is bulky so difficult to throw in your makeup bag or purse.

On the affordability side, I personally find it quite expensive for a drug store product. It runs at about $19.99 or even more expensive depending on which store. When on sale you may be able to purchase it for $10.99 but it's generally a rare occasion. However, the reason I continue to purchase the product is because it caters to those with sensitive skin and this one does not break me out. It also instantly keeps the facial oils under control and mattifies effectively for several hours before a touch-up is required.

October 07, 2015

Physicians Formula:Mineral Wear® Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder;

Personally wouldn't buy again
I like physicians formula, and mineral wearl
but the loose powder gets messy a lot of wasted product.

Didn't like it.

October 07, 2015

I usually use bare minerals. But tired this for a change. It doesn't match the quality of bare minerals. But is a cheeper effective alternative. I would recommend to buy if new to the mineral foundation world and don't want to go all out and buy bare minerals or another expensive brand when you don't know if you like it yet.

April 11, 2015

I purchased the Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc Free Loose Powder on a whim. Last month I had purchased the Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Airbrushing Blush and was very impressed so I figured I'd try the loose powder this month. I have to say I love this powder! The Natural Beige 2453C is the perfect shade for my skin tone and feels and looks very natural when applied. The product container is great - with the perforated dispensing tray there is no mess or waste and it even comes with a little applicator brush - great space saver when travelling! Price wise it was very reasonable at $16.99 at my local Shoppers Drugmart and a great option when you don't want to spend $40 - $80 on a new loose powder product that you are not sure you are going to like! Honestly - I think it works just as well as my higher end or should I say "higher-priced" loose powder products! Loving the Mineral Wear line!

February 17, 2014

I have very uneven skin tone, my cheeks can get pretty red/pink. I have never found another powder or liquid foundation that blends so perfectly & hides my red cheeks. I love this product, it makes me feel pretty and less self conscious about acne & redness. Looks great in photos too

October 15, 2012

My friend loves Physicians Formula makeup, so I thought I would give it a try. I was very disappointed with it. First of all, the brush it comes with is so tiny and ineffective, so I had to use my own brush. Also, it doesn't stay securly in the container (always falls out...I ended up just throwing it out). It access the powder, you have to continuously close the interior lid, shake the container and then re open it. Have to do this a bunch of times to do my whole face. It doesn't cover any of the redness on my face. I definitely have to make sure I use a concealer under my eyes, on break outs, around my nose and cheek area. Finally, it doesn't last long. After a few hours I look like I don't have anything on at all. I've tried it with and without primer, and the results are still the same. Very disappointing!