• Purdy's Chocolates Hedgehogs
  • Purdy's Chocolates Hedgehogs

Purdy's Chocolates Hedgehogs Reviews

Ranked #475 out of 770 in Chocolate

Introduced in the early 1990s, Purdys Hedgehogs are a customer favourite. The smooth, hazelnut gianduja filling is tucked inside an adorable milk chocolate hedgehog shell.

Packed in our signature triangle box, Hedgehogs make a perfect gift for any occasion. And, they are a symbol of good luck in Belgium.

DID YOU KNOW? Another name for hazelnuts is "filberts," which is why our hedgehog mascot is called Philbert!

Available in boxes of 10, 20, or 10 mini pieces.

*Description via Purdys.com

February 09, 2017

Peut être un peu sur le côté cher mais ca vaut chaque centime. Un chocolat crémeux rempli de noisettes entourées d'un chocolat au lait lisse en forme d'hérisson. Ils ne sont pas minuscules. Il faut quelques bouchées pour en finir un. Ce qui est un bon bonus au milieu de tous les petits chocolats partout.

February 09, 2017

These are a Christmas tradition in my household- every year my mom would buy a box to share with the family and my brother and I would eat them all before the rest of the family even got one.
    So hard to not eat the entire box in one sitting.

They are a splurge as they are not cheap - but so worth it.
    It's all about the filling! I have yet to find another brand that even comes close to the deliciousness of these.
    Smooth, yet creamy- and not fake tasting.
    They literally melt in your mouth.
    Will for sure be purchasing again.

February 09, 2017

The little hedgehogs are irresistible to me. I love hazelnut creams in chocolate, and this filling is perfect. My SO hides an emergency package around the house for when I have a vary bad day.
    I was happy to see more of their stores open up in our area in the past year. They also have a sugar-free (artificial sweetener) version, if you need to mind your sugar intake.

February 08, 2017

Purdy's chocolates have recently become a tradition for me at Christmas. I love the quality of Purdy's chocolate and the hedgehogs are a treat. I would highly recommend these chocolates.

December 25, 2016

Purdy's chocolates are a tradition in my family. Every year at Christmas we open a box while opening our gifts. As a child, the hedgehogs were always the biggest chocolate. Now they have shrunk and are proportionate with the rest of the chocolates. The shell is a delicious creamy milk chocolate filled with a delicious chocolate hazelnut cream. A mouth party for any hazelnut/chocolate fan! You can now buy the hedgehogs by themselves (a whole box of 18!) and they are always a much enjoyed purchase. Purdy's makes SUCH good chocolate. Highly recommend!

December 01, 2016

So these can be a little on the pricy side but worth every penny. A creamy chocolate hazelnut filling surrounded by a smooth milk chocolate int he shape of a hedgehog. They are not tiny though. It takes few bites to polish one off. Which is a nice bonus form all the tiny chocolates out there.

July 17, 2016

I absolutely love these chocolates. When I am having a bad day or stressed out, 1 of these perks me up. They are rich, decadent and creamy. Melted in hot chocolate or coffee is my other favorite way to eat these. They don't taste fake like some other brands.

June 20, 2016

To begin these are sooo cute!! It's been a while since I bought, but I'll be honest I bought because of the little hedgehog. So cute, too cute!!! Chocolate is great smooth rich in flavour that Purdy's is known for, but the hedgehog is different, I didn't see that anywhere else to compare. They came out with an original shape / form to entice customers.
    I enjoy it and will enjoy. Purdy's is definitely an original chocolate shop :)

June 20, 2016

These are so good. I have tried other types of hedgehogs one and nothing beats the Purdy's hedgehog. When I purchase these for gifts I always end up getting some for me. They are a perfect size.

March 22, 2016

Anything made by Purdy's is a little priceier... but worth the splurge.
    I love these rich, creamy little bites of happiness. The fact that they are
    in the shape of a hedgehog makes them darn cute too.