Real Techniques Buffing Brush Reviews

Ranked #346 out of 462 in Makeup Brushes & Tools

July 08, 2016

The buffing brush comes in the core collection - which is a great set (with the exception of the foundation brush that I don't find much use for other than liquid highlighter), and works for basically everything face related, both cream and powder. Its dense, soft and a good size, though it is smaller than expected.

The RT bold metals collection is softer than the regular line, and the handles are weighted, longer, and pointier, but I don't think this really does much other than feel expensive. I actually prefer the regular line brushes more, as they are more affordable and do not look as dirty after using them. the bold metals collection does have a great range of brushes (with the exception of the triangle foundation brush), though I think you can find brushes that do similar things in the regular line.

February 08, 2016

This is a great, budget friendly, high quality brush for use with all different types of liquid foundation. I've used it with many different formulas, both thick, thin and in between, and have found it appropriate for all. It blends foundation out quickly and easily and doesn't not leave brush marks or cause microdermabrasion. The bristles are synthetic, so they don't absorb product and make for much easier cleaning. I have never noticed this brush to shed, and the handle feels high-quality. I would absolutely purchase this brush again, if I ever needed to, but the quality is very good and I doubt I'll need to replace it anytime soon. As a note, I do prefer this brush to the expert face brush, as I find it more effective at blending make up out quickly! If you pick this brush up, you won't regret it!

March 03, 2015

Opinions: This is my first experience using RT brushes and so far I'm genuinely impressed -- by the quality, price and cruelty free status -- and I'll be buying from them in the future. The brushes are color coordinated with the gold corresponding to base, platinum to eye and rose gold for finishing. All of the brushes are made of a lightweight aluminum with long shiny metallic finished handles and synthetic bristles. The tips are all tapered, the hairs are super soft, handles are ergonomically correct and each brush picks up every pigment. The triangle foundation brush is amazing! You have a flat surface side with two angled sides for working around corners and under the eye area. The domed powder brush is packed but slightly fluffy and sweeps all over the face nicely. It's more for loose powder then compact and great for mineral make-up. The tapered blush brush has a smaller head from the powder and is also fluffy. The shape is great for highlighting and sculpting the cheek area. Finally the flat contouring brush -- the best ever! and my second fave to the triangle -- has the most dense, packed but soft bristles. It picks up the barest pigment and is perfect for bluffing and sculpting. I received two extra's -- one from Ulta and another from RL -- which I use for blush, foundation and highlighters. Either way this brush always delivers. It's a must have! I also recived the pointed platinum eye crease brush ($15.99) from Real techniques as a thank you but I haven't used it yet so stay tuned for that review. A great collection at affordable price points. I suggest you stock up on a several now before they sell out again.

February 10, 2015

I find myself using this instead of my Sigma F80 for foundations because it works so well. I like to use a stippling motion with it then blend it into my skin.

June 13, 2013

When I went over to the states last year, and walked into an ULTA. I saw these brushes and I knew I had to have them! I bought two of the sets, the face and eye sets. And I fell in love with this Buffer brush, I use it every day to apply my foundation. I makes my foundation blend in seamlessly, it's amazing! I cannot wait to try more of these brushes

June 13, 2013

I bought this brush as part of the Real Techniques Your Base/Flawless Core Collecion By Samantha Chapman set. It's definitely my favourite, stand out brush in the set. It's a bargain at just under $20 for the 4 brushes.

Previously, I was using a stippling brush for my foundation but I found the coverage spotty and uneven. This brush gives a far more flawless, even coverage effect. The foundation glides on smoothly and blends so nicely. I love that the brush is pretty densely packed and has a good thickness to it. I used to have to go over my foundation with a sponge afterwards to blend it but with this brush there is no need! I would recommend this brush and will be repurchasing when/if I need to.

October 28, 2012

This brush can't be purchased separately -- you have to purchase the whole "core collection," which is kind of a downer. Besides that, this brush is great. It works well with both powders and liquids, and doesn't leave streaks behind. I like to buff the product around my face in circular motions, and that seems to effectively do the trick. A good comparison that a lot of people are familiar with is the Sigma P82. This brush is a little less dense than that and a little less stiff (the hairs are longer). I find that the P82 is better for thicker things (creams, mousse, etc.) and the RT brush is better from thinner things (liquids, powders). As for price, if you have use for the other brushes in the collection, it's cheaper to buy the Real Techniques set. If you only have use for the single brush, it's cheaper to buy the Sigma P82.
I have washed the brush only once but I haven't experienced any shedding (so far).
Hope this was helpful.