REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask Reviews

1 review
Ranked #101 out of 513 in Masks

June 16, 2016

I LOVE this stuff. I started off with a deluxe sample size, then a travel size and then started buying the full size. Is it pricey? Yup. Is it worth it? If you're looking for a chemical exfoliator and don't have sensative skin and want something with noticeable results after only ten minutes - YES.

My skin was looking dull despite using microdermabrasion scrubs and glycolic acid moisturer. My skin texture just wasn't smooth and even this winter and I thought I'd try something new. Note: I DO NOT have sensitive skin - if you do, or if you haven't use glycolic acid products before, this might irritate and the the tingling may be too intense. Also, if you have had hair removal on your face in the past day or so, skip it.

It smells strongly of citrus and has a slightly grainy gel/paste consistency. Spread it over your clean face (and neck if you want) and make sure you don't get close to eyes. Wait ten minutes. It will tingle and feel warm - that is normal. Now, normally when a mask or treatment says 10 or 20 minutes, I leave it on quite a bit longer in hopes of getting more noticeable results. DON'T do this. Really - ten minutes is all you need. Also, REN says to use a "generous amount" but I usually only need about a quarter-sized squirt if I'm not doing my neck.

Rinse it off with a wet cloth. Pat your face dry. You'll notice the brightness and increase in radiance right away (it might be a little more pink than usual depending on how aggressively your removed it and how sensitive your skin is. That will go away, but the brightness will remain.) Whenever I use it, I feel like I look so fresh-faced and I can barely stop myself from touching my silky skin. I look forward to Sunday night every week when I can use it again!

This is REN's description of the product: "A potent bio active peel mask designed to renew the complexion, reduce the appearance of fine lines and dramatically improve skin tone. A cocktail of four AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) including glycolic acid from pineapple, lactic acid from passion fruit, citric acid from lemon, and tartaric acid from grape create multiaction exfoliation. It lifts dead skin and resurfaces to dramatically improve skintone, texture, firmness, and radiance, while minimizing the appearance of pores and reducing sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and old acne scars."

Personally, I'm less interested in what is in it than what it does for my skin. It's pure magic for me. I'm glad I bumped up from my usual glycolic acid moisturizer. I really find it makes a noticeable difference right away. Two thumbs up!