• Revlon Perplex (#826)

1 review
Ranked #1217 out of 1481 in Nail Polish

Perplex

January 30, 2012

Ever since I saw Chanel's Paradoxal in an ad somewhere, I started combing the web to find a suitable dupe. Eventually I came across Revlon Perplex and immediately hurried out to buy it.

I have not had the pleasure of wearing Paradoxal, but from all accounts this Revlon shade comes darn close. It is a dusky purple colour with just enough sheen to keep it from looking too goth. I absolutely love Perplex and am thrilled with the results. I was worried at first that it would be too pinky-purple, but it wears darker and more opaque than the colour in the bottle would make you believe.

The only negative I have to say is that, like all drugstore nail polishes, it isn't quite as long-lasting as prestige brands. It is also a little more difficult to apply without getting some tiny bubbling here and there. However, I still get a good week out of this polish before it starts to show any wear and tear as long as I use a top coat. For the price, it really is worth it.