Room by Emma Donoghues
Good

Room by Emma Donoghues Reviews

Ranked #663 out of 960 in Books

February 24, 2016

A wonderful book that deal with so many serious and untalked about themes. Really gets you thinking about the meaning of being a mother, and other mental-health related themes. I love the movie as well!

February 08, 2016

This was a great movie. I didn't know any of the actors but I enjoyed it.

April 01, 2015

I love this novel! I have read it three times and it's interesting from beginning to finish!

April 01, 2015

It's been a few years since I have read this book, but every time I find myself in a book store or chatting with someone about books I always always drop this name. The book was incredibly well-written and the storyline was just so unique. Love. Think I might have to read it again.

March 14, 2015

I'm not sure what I expected when I started reading but I couldn't put it down. Wonderfully written. I've shared this book with a few friends and everyone has loved it!

September 15, 2014

Wow, wow, wow! This book is unreal - coming from the perspective of a captive little boy (instead of the mother as the stories usually are) and it is very well written. It is of course, heartbreaking and captivating. This is 100% amazing - it is a must read.

July 13, 2013

What a heart-wrenching story. It was difficult to read because it is written through the eyes of an innocent child whose world-view consists of a "room". I think it made it even harder to know what is happening as a reader, although the child does not comprehend it. I highly recommend this, but not to the light-hearted readers as this is not a "light" read.

September 26, 2011

I've been touched by this book in so many ways!! It had been a while since a book moved memuch, it haunted me for days!.

"ROOM (2010) is the story of a five-year-old called Jack, who lives in a single room with his Ma and has never been outside. When he turns five, he starts to ask questions, and his mother reveals to him that there is a world outside. "

The whole book is told in Jack's voice and thoughts as a 5 years old who never went to school dand as his own world his own language. The bond he has with his mother is extraordinary. I'm not a mother just yet but i could feel the book just like i was. The bond between them, they're incredible relationship.. wow wow.

This book is suspensefull, touching, funny disturbing i didnt want to stop reading.