Safety 1st Perfect Fit Gate Reviews

Ranked #11 out of 584 in Baby Accessories - Gates

The Safety 1st Perfect Fit Gate showcases a sleek and contemporary design with solid no-climb panels. With a three-in-one lock/release/adjust handle mechanism, this gate is functional and easy to use. Plus, the Safety 1st exclusive auto-fit feature helps secure the gate in almost any doorway. Gate offers the convenience of either pressure or hardware mount options and can be placed at the top or bottom of stairs. Stands 26 inches tall.

Additional Features:

• Translucent panel design
  • Gate panel status indicator
  • Easy-release top handle
  • Dual-action child resistant handle
  • Swing-open feature (mounting hardware included)
  • Stairway mounting option (mounting hardware included)
  • Made of solid, durable plastic

April 03, 2016

This gate works well and is quality made but I found it very difficult to open and close. Certainly not easy when my hands were full. I had to use both hands to open and close it. I went a bought a different one that was easier to manage with one hand.

February 26, 2016

My friend has this Safety 1st Perfect Fit Gate and to be honest I really don't like it. I find them really difficult to open and close especially if you have something in your hands. They do however do the job and keep the baby safe. But I would not purchase this one since it's too challenging to use.

January 31, 2016

This is a great product! We use it as a baby gate and a dog gate too. It's easy to adjust to the size of the door way and stays in place.

September 23, 2015

I have this barrier to my children and I love it easy to install, easy to clean, fits easily and locations or other barriers can only do

July 04, 2015

Ce n'Est pas le meilleur accessoire côté sécurité ; il ne se fixe pas bien donc est très branlant il suffit de se suspendre après et il risque de lâcher pour cette raison je ne le conseil pas car son efficacité n'est pas bonne donc je la juge un peu dangereuse.

August 29, 2014

Personally I have never had a problem with these gates. I have had these gates for 4 years without much problem. When installed at top of stairs with mounting brackets works just fine. My 4 year old has pulled hard on it and it doesn't open. Haven't tried it in a hallway or door frame though. The only complaint I have is that the side that slides is the side without the handle. Would be better with handle on sliding side of gate to make opening and closing one handed instead of needing two hands to close correctly.

May 08, 2013

I had a lot of issues with this gate slipping and pinching me. It would also collapse at any time and was a pain to lock. I just started climbing over it to avoid the hassle. Not worth it.

February 07, 2011

We bought this gate for our 6 month old boy, while he was little this gate held up to what it says , sleak appearance easy to open and clost. Our boy is now one year old and recently managed to find a weak spot on the gates upper left hand corner he opened this latched gate (which was properly installed ) and fell down the stairs ( he was not hurt but we were both scared). At first I thought it had not been latched or installed properly and proceded to check the gate ,,, upon further investigation I realized it was latched and managed to push on the weak spot and open the gate with only one finger !!! I contacted Safety 1st and there solution is to have me send the gate back to them and that was it , I would not buy this product or recommend it to anyone , no child is safe with gate , very dispointing from a company that prides themself with safety .

THIS GATE IS NOT SAFE PLEASE USE EXTREME CAUTION