Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat Reviews

Ranked #1109 out of 1411 in Nail Polish

Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat is the ultimate in mixing and matching. With eight different shades, the crack overcoat can be paired with any nail colour. From bold blue to mature metallics, you can create a unique mosaic design that's modern and sophisticated. Visit sallyhansen.com for more information.

November 19, 2016

I purchased this after reading some not so good reviews, comeon its crackle, I remember something like this from when I was a kid, I got all the colors, thinking that some of my clients would love it. I used neon colors as my base colors after applying a neon base coat, and I am in love with the effect, just as I remembered it! Apply it thin and in single strokes, I found if you restroked in a section that it did not have the effect!

June 08, 2015

I was so happy to find a product that does a crackle coat in amazing colours! Just follow the directions and you'll end up with amazing nails.

January 05, 2015

So I bought the pink over coat with a black base coat. I Dont know what I'm doing wrong, but I cant seem to get it to work. It does'nt crackle at all. Even my 24 year old brother noticed them, and told me they look terrible and I need to take it off. :(

1.5/5

August 08, 2014

It didn't go on a crackle effect. It just looked like a poor nail polish painting job

June 16, 2014

So this product isn't very good. Every colour except black is opaque and looks like you painted with water colors. You MUST do a base coat your color a top coat crackle then another top coat. If you don't put a top coat on before the crackle it won't crackle that good at all.

May 25, 2014

I like crackle nail polish because it hides my oops at times when my nail polish has not cured long enough and I end up getting gouges or some sort of disfiguring look to my clean a beautiful nails. To the rescue, crackle nail polish saves the day. The thing I like about crackle nail Polish is that it drys quickly then allowing me to use my Sally Hanson nail hardener as a top coat providing a wonderful shine. I have used the red crackle, gold crackle and the silver crackle. Sally Hansen crackle breaks apart nicely and quickly than some other brands I have tried. I really don't like the brush as it seems narrow and therefore you need to swipe about 4 times verses 3 with other brands leaving an uneven colour. What really surprised me was how fast my bottles of crackle dried out. Not a happy camper, what a waste! For variety sake, I put tape on an angle on 1/2 of my nail and the crackly silver colour on the other half. Nice look. For a cost of about $7.00, you could wait for the crackle to go on sale and use a coupon and get it for cheaper.

October 23, 2013

I have the snow blast (white) & ink splatter (black). They both are amazing! They crackle, they do what their supposed to do. I bought 1 from Walmart the other from shoppers drug mart. They're about $5 each.

August 22, 2012

it was today my 3rd try to use crackle polish. my first 2 were from china glaze(amazing stuff!!!) and today i tried the first time sally hansen crackle overcoat in snow blast.
i hate it. the crackle effect is terrible,i hated it so much i removed everything and tried again, with same result,then i really spend some more money and get i nice crackle,sally hansen crackle never agin for me... i really prefer china glaze.

July 18, 2012

I have tried a few other brands of crackle and I found only Sally hansen to work the best I use it on a weekly basis

April 28, 2012

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to OPI shatter and this definitely wasn't it! I guess you get what you pay for. I had the purple and though it would look fabulous over the lime green base coat I had but it was just horrible. It hardly crackled and when it did it just looked a mess on my nails. Definitely would not buy again!

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Forever 21 Active Wear

Whosthat20 added a new review for
Crest Whitestrips

Whosthat20 added a new review for
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes

Winslow has posted in the forum topic
Foundation