Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Set in Stone

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Set in Stone Reviews

1 review
Ranked #901 out of 1441 in Nail Polish

April 29, 2015

I bought Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails in the colour Set in Stone (180). It's a very light, pretty soft pink. This is most definitely not a one coat and you're done, kind of polish. After 3 coats it finally looks a little opaque, but I can still clearly see the white tip of my nail. It's a pretty decent shade in matching my own natural colour, but it's just not opaque enough for my tastes. I Googled some images for it to see what other people thought and the Set in Stone colour actually starts looking nice at around the 5 coat mark. That's crazy to me. I'm a 2 coat, max kind of person, plus 1 application of top coat for protection of the hard work.

Another huge con is the smell. I have smelled some nail polishes before (granted, a long time ago), but if anything, I feel like the smell of the Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails polish is eye watering and gag worthy. My husband actually ordered me to take it outside because his own eyes were watering from the potent smell.

I honestly don't know how anyone can put up with the smell of this polish, even if they do manage to get a colour that is actually opaque where they only need one or two coats.

I do like the level of shine, but I think next time I'll go for a deeper pink and I won't be using this brand again.