Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color Reviews

Ranked #804 out of 1411 in Nail Polish

3-D Nail Art in Seconds! Revolutionary formula infused with metallic particles that move when exposed to the specially designed magnet to create an extraordinary effect.

December 29, 2014

These nail polishes look great and are very unique so they can really get attention if you apply them right. They work great as long as you FOLLOW DIRECTIONS! Don't be scared to practice until you get the hang of it, also, don't forget to shake the bottle every so often and immediately apply magnet over second coat of polish.

August 15, 2014

I really like this nail polish because it's really different. It gives my nails a really cool look. The only issue with it is that it comes in really dark colours and none of them are that nice.

September 28, 2013

I've been wanting this nail polish for a while but didn't want to spend 10 dollars on a nail polish that I didn't know would work. Anyways, I found 3 colours at dollarama so I was ecstatic. I tried the nail polish, put the magnet on top and it actually worked. The design came out really well and the process doesn't take very long and it was a bargain. If you want a more detailed design from the magnet, a tip is to put the nail polish on quickly and put the magnet over it. Just keep on practicing.

August 17, 2013

PROS: neat concept

CONS: few color options

These work exactly like they're supposed to if you follow the directions. The design came out prominently on my nail when the magnet was used. other find it not working but it is really working, maybe they just dont skae before using...

August 09, 2013

I love how it is unique! I love nail polish and constantly change colors!

July 09, 2013

So unique and fun! That is what polish is all about, right? Easy to use, designs are beautiful and the colors are anywhere from neutral to funky. Love the star and wave effects. Apply first coat before you shake the bottle so you do not waste the magnetic particles. The secret to a great 3-D effect is to shake the bottle well and apply aTHICK 2nd coat. Immediately, place magnet over nail and hold for 10 Seconds. You should see 3 different colors emerg if you did it right. This is my new favorite polish. The only place I have seen this so far in my area is in a drug store for $10.99. I will check Dollarama.

April 22, 2013

I picked this up in Dollarama a few days ago for $2!I picked the color Kinetic Copper.I just liked the color and did not realize you could do nail art with this nail polish... I'm defiantly going back to pick up the other colors...I didn't have a problem using the magnet I only messed it up once.But I just started over on that nail.I love the effect which looks really cool out in the sun.The nail-polish has not chipped and the effect is still looking really good.

February 17, 2013

I had bin wanting to try Sally Hansen’s Magnetic Nail Color for some time now, but I just couldn’t justify spending $10 on a nail polish that I didn’t even know if I’d like. So when I saw it on sale for only $5.97 I broke down I bought some in the Polar Purple shade. They say on their web site that it allows you to give yourself a 3-D Nail Art look in just seconds. Well that may be true for those with steady hands, or pros, but it wasn’t for me. This polish is infused with metallic particles that will move when exposed to the specially designed magnet that comes with the polish. You first give your nails a few coats of the polish. Then polish one nail at a time and place the magnet as close to your cuticle as you can get it and wait about 25 seconds. Lift the magnet and you should have a lighter color design running through the polish. Then you just repeat the process with each nail. This does take some time to do and it many sound easy enough, but it can get tricky. I’ve had the magnet touch my wet nails and had to start over again just about every time I’ve tried this. I used nail polish remover to get the polish off of the magnet because I didn’t know what else to do to clean it off. Ever since I did this the magnet hasn’t worked for me. So if you do buy this polish be very careful not to get polish on the magnet, or you’ll end up with just another polish that can’t do what it’s meant to do. I wasn’t thrilled with the Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color for a few reasons. The price is crazy, the polish its self isn’t very good and doesn’t go on nicely at all and like I said if you do happen to get polish on the magnet and try to take it off it won’t work any longer. If you were to leave any polish you might get on the magnet it also won’t give you the same effect. As far as I’m concerned the Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color isn’t worth the $5.97 I paid for or the $10 something that it usually sells for!

January 31, 2013

I consider myself to be pretty skilled at nail art and I had a lot of trouble using this polish. I think it was that the magnet wasn't strong enough to really bring out the design. And it's not even an interesting design at that - and it's the only one available, unlike China Glaze that offers a variety of magnet designs.

The colors are nothing special - there was only one I liked.

For a magnetic polish, it wasn't exceedingly thick and it applied quite well and was surprisingly smooth to the touch even without a top coat. The wear time was excellent - it lasted for about a week with hardly any chipping.

August 15, 2012

I loved the effect it had on the nails got lots of comments on how cool it was but it took a long time to dry because you have to put it on thick.