Schick Hydro Silk Trimstyle Reviews

Ranked #14 out of 444 in Hair Removal

August 11, 2016

This is by far the best razor i have discovered yet and it has a bonus trimmer. Although the plastic guard on the trimmer is useless the trimmer is a great bonus. The razor blade works amazingly! Would reccomend without a doubt.

May 07, 2016

Great little razor that does two jobs in one. The shaving side is on par with men's razors (which I usually use since they are generally better in my opinion) and trims shorter leg hair as well as heavy growth reasonably well. It's not going to be perfect with one stroke (especially for longer hair), but doesn't take more than two. My legs and underarms were lovely and smooth after and I didn't cut myself.

I really like the design of this razor and the fact that it has a little heft to it. The thickness of the handle actually helped me to control it a lot better, as well as the shape and guard on the blades.

PROTIP: To keep your blades in the best possible condition, don't keep your razor in the shower as the blades becoming wet more often will dull them faster and ruin the moisturising strip.

This was my first experience with a bikini trimmer and I loved it. I like that there are varying lengths, but found it was more difficult to use with the plastic guard and went much smoother when removing it and just trimming short.

One negative about this is that you do have to press the button quite hard to get the trimmer to activate and it can be a little confusing as when you press it too gently it keeps stopping, so make sure to really press it firmly. If that and the plastic guard was improved, I would rate it a full five stars.

I would recommend this razor for anyone who's looking for a good general use razor and needs a bikini trimmer on a regular basis, or just likes to keep their lady garden nice and neat.

----------------------------------
Note: I received this product from the Glam Sense Program in exchange for an unbiased, honest review as provided here. As a consumer advocate, I believe in providing quality and honest feedback and receiving a product at a discounted rate will never affect my opinions.

February 12, 2016

Love this razor! My skins very sensitive and usually breaks all out with some other razors. This razor doesn't cause any irritation and the refills last longer then others.

January 27, 2016

What a great invention. I love how it waterproof and can use both sides in the shower and out. It's a really close shave and saves time and mess. My only two complaints are that it has no holder and it's by so it takes up lots of space.

January 25, 2016

This razor produces a really close shave and the rubber grips make it easy to hold in the shower.
However, for some reason every time I use it, it leaves these red, almost burn-like marks along the creases of my armpit, that are very uncomfortable. I stopped using it, and when I won another one in a contest I gave it another go but it did the same thing again.
Will not try again.

July 14, 2015

It's great that it's waterproof so you have all you shaving and trimming needs in the shower! It doesn't have a wall hanger with it in the box which I would like more. Five blades are sharpe and effective for a longer lasting shave. Powerful trimmer as well.

July 11, 2015

Wow - Thanks to Schick Hydro Silk and Beyond Blush I had a chance to try out the new Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle Razor and Bikini Trimmer! Loved it for my underarms - you know those spots that the razor never seems to get - lol! And it was great for the bikini line. A nice close and smooth shave with no irritation to the skin. I also love the fact that it has a traditional razor on the other end and can be used in the shower - love this product!

July 08, 2015

I have to say I love the no-slip silicon handle its easy to hold both in and out of the shower. I like how close the razor got to my skin to give me a clean shave, now I dont have to take take my hubbys anymore LOL. I loved that it had its own stand as well so the blades dont touch the surfaces and stick. I also love that it has a build in trimmer that has 3 differenet settings to get the shave you want. If you are looking for an all in one razor this is it for sure and you won't be disappointed. I have now switched over to this razor and will not look back. AWESOME PRODUCT SCHICK!!

July 07, 2015

I got to try the Schick Hydro silk trim style razor through a promotional contest I won. In the past, I always used my husbands razors, and this was a definite step up!

I loved it's dual functionality and it's ability to shave and trim while in the shower. The five blades did a great job shaving with no knicks or razor burn. I also liked the feel of the thicker handle (to accommodate for the battery for the trimmer).

All in all, a great razor, but a bit on the pricey side.

July 06, 2015

The 5 blades gave me the closest shave I have ever had from a women's razor. I only had to do each area once without having to go back over areas which eliminated any irritation I normally get. I have sever eczema on one ankle which is often made worse after shaving, but this razor coast your leg in a gel that not only moisturizes but nourishes the skin at the same time eliminating the aftershave dryness that cause an eczema flare up for me and is great in this summer heat.

I was super nervous to use the trimming side as I normally leave that to the professionals but it was so easy. I had great control with the easy grip handle and was able to pick a length that worked for me. I can happily say that I'll be saving money this summer now that I can take care of this myself! Maybe I'll splurge on a new pair of shorts to show off my new silky smooth legs. A high five on this one Schick!!