Schwarzkopf Dust It Mattifying Powder

Schwarzkopf Dust It Mattifying Powder Reviews

Ranked #1279 out of 2161 in Hair Care

October 24, 2016

For me, this was an average product across the board. I wanted something that would allow my hair to have more volume while also not having to wash my hair so often.

Pros:
- very lightweight
- blends quickly into your hair
- provides slight volume at the roots

Cons:
- does not feel natural
- makes it feel clumpy in your hair
- volume dies out within an hour or two
- cannot reapply again without feeling disgusting

So my personal opinion is that this is a good temporary one day fix, but thats it. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I now use the Bumble & Bumble Pret a Powder - I can use it more than once without feeling gross, and it has all the pros of this one !

March 13, 2016

Dust It powder is one of the greatest hair products I have found.
This particular brand is not my favourite but it works great in moderation.
I have very thin hair and I use it to bring back some volume when it falls flat.
It also helps absorb oils if your hair is not freshly washed.
I typically use it when I am back combing my hair to get that extra volume!

March 13, 2016

I love this stuff for adding volume and texture to my hair. I have a hard time getting volume un my hair because it's so thick and heavy, it just wants to lay flat. I don't like thinning it too much, because then I just find it looks too choppy. The dust it powder works so great. In an instant, I have volume and can style my hair so easily

October 22, 2014

This stuff works great, but be sure to use in moderation. Just have to sprinkle onto the roots where you want volume, then massage it in to pump up the hair.

Tip: when using a texturizing powder, put a piece of tape on the sifter to block off the majority of the shaker holes (see photo)
This allows for more precise placement and reduces wasting product. The Schwarzkopf osis "dust it" powder causes your hair to feel very sticky and requires a decent amount of "massaging" to properly work its volumizing magic. The result is comparable to teasing with a comb, but without the hassle and damage. It is truly worth the price, if you don't dump too much out each time.

April 08, 2014

I have quite fine hair and I have tried just about every darn volumizing product that's out there. Nothing has been as successful as the dust it. I would very highly recommend this to anyone needing a little life in their fine, flat hair.

October 04, 2012

This is a fine silica powder that adds texture to your hair. It is great for fine hair and adds body as well.