SensatioNail by Nailene Reviews

Ranked #911 out of 1411 in Nail Polish

September 30, 2016

I have been getting shellac manicures for years and decided to try to do it at home. This kit is easy to use and gets the job done. The nail polishes, however, are not all of the same quality. Some polishes will last a good two weeks while others chip the following dat

February 12, 2016

My favourite pieces out of this kit are: lamp, nail cleanser and nail primer. The lamp is a bit small, but fits 4 nails comfortably and I do my thumb separately. I use my own gel polishes from ther brands, but these basic items from Sensationail work amazing so I keep repurchasing them individually! The nail primer especially. It really increases the longevity of my gel manicure!

February 12, 2015

I have been enjoying my SensatioNail kit for 2 years, best selection of gel colours! I just picked up the Nail Shields and am really impressed at how easy it is to take off the gel, no more soaking and peeling! Bought the Fuse kit and I'm impressed with the single colour application and I get great gel toe nails!

September 08, 2014

I was tried of having to paint my nails every other day. I did some research and decided to try out this system. I had a salon Gel/Shellac manicure done at a salon at the recommendation of a friend and I loved the fact that it lasted around two weeks! I tend to have to redo my nail polish every couple of days due to chipping, regardless of the brand that I would use. I picked up the starter kit for on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart. I also grabbed 3 polishes since they on sale as well. Application is very easy. The hardest part was getting the thickness of the application right. You don't want too much or too little when applying. The manicures last me two weeks. Occasionally there will be a little chip, but nothing terribly noticeable and nothing that I wouldn't have seen within an hour or two of applying regular nail polish.

I do find removal of the polish tricky and it seems to be because of the primer that comes with the Sensationail kit. As much of a nuisance as removal is, it's still incredibly worth it simply because I'm not having to repaint my nails every couple of days.

I have super thin nails and they break very easy. I love how the gel is thick and keeps my nails from breaking. I'm totally addicted to this product!

August 13, 2014

These nail polishes are so fast and create a great look. I have about 6 different colours of them including the french tips. I find that they chip so fast from the bottom of the nail, which could be because I applied wrong but I have never had lasting polish on my fingers. Its great for my toes though and will stay on looking good for about a month.

1.5/5

August 12, 2014

Bought the gel polish French manicure set, just need to apply the tips and seal with clear gel. The tips are a pain to file down to the length you need, and rip. I sealed them, then showered, and the tips lifted off. Would not use.

April 09, 2014

I’ve been waiting for ages to test this product. Thanks to having a birthday right around the time of my obsession with gel nails, I was fortunate enough to receive this as a gift from my sister.

Prior to asking for this particular gel nail kit, I did a lot of thorough research to determine which kit would be best for my needs. I’m an amateur as far as painting my nails go, with an inability to stay completely ‘within the lines’ while attempting to paint my right hand with my left. I will start by saying that my first experience with an at home gel kit was surprisingly successful. Surprising because of my lack of artistic nail ability, not because I was skeptical of the brand, because, after reading many reviews and watching several tutorials, I was confident in this product even before I had it.

Generally I try not to develop perceptions on products before I have the chance to use them for myself, but in this particular case, I don’t think this preconceived notion was a factor in my results and thereby is not reflected in my review.

The kit itself comes with the following products: an electric LED lamp, a manicure stick, lint-free wipes, a nail file/buffer, nail cleanser, nail primer, gel base/top coat, and one gel colour.

The instructions were easy to follow. It’s vital that you use thin layers of polish or it won’t dry fully. It’s also very important to put your nails under the LED lamp after each layer of nail product you use. For best results, I did one hand at a time to reduce the risk of smudging. It’s also important to use the nail cleanser and lint free wipes after you apply the top coat, or your nails will be left feeling wet and sticky.

My result? Mirror shine and rock hard. I’m so happy to have this product and I can’t wait to buy more colours! I fully recommend this brand and product to anyone who enjoys nail products and DIY.

February 24, 2013

I have always been obsessed with the idea of a nail polish that lasts at least a week chip free....I stopped doing my nails altogether because the chipping after one day looked so bad and got so annoying it didn't seem worth it anymore. When I found out about gel nails (Shellack, OPI gel, etc) I got them done at the salon and automatically fell in love! My nails looked great for 10 days...but at $40 every 2 weeks or so, it wasn't something I could afford on a regular basis.

Enter SensatioNail starter kit. It is one of the many new at home gel kits available. It comes with everything you need to get started, including base/top coat, primer, nail cleaner, stick, lint free wipes, one coloured polish, and ofcourse the LED nail lamp. The lamp is small and compact so it fits great in a nail bag with all my other nail stuff. The only thing it doesn't come with is the removal stuff, which would be nice if it did....

It is super easy to use, literally just like normal nail polish except you set each coat under the lamp for 30 -60 seconds and it's completely dry-no waiting.

The colour I chose was raspberry wine, and i LOVE it...it's so nice, my nails look fantastic (not as fantastic as the salon because I still had to do it myself and I've never been great at that) but they look really great, haven't chipped, and are super glossy and pretty.

This will save me tons of time as I will only have to do my nails every 7-10 days. Gel can last up to 2 weeks, but my nails grow so fast that the re-growth looks awful if I leave it too long.

If you change your polish colour every couple of days this probably isn't for you, but if you are sick of chipping polish and like the idea of only having to do your nails a couple times a month, this is an amazing investment as it pretty much costs as much as 2 nail salon vists for gel or acrylic nails.

I did think the price was good ($90) until I saw it was cheaper at Walmart....that's Shoppers Drug Mart for you I guess. The polishes are also a little on the expensive side at $16, they should be a bit cheaper, but you won't be using too much of them and you can probably use gel polish from any brand, not just nailene.

I had to come on and write this review so that other girls like me can finally be satisfied with their nails ALL of the time!! I am SO happy with this purchase!!