SensatioNail Polish to Gel Transformer
Good

SensatioNail Polish to Gel Transformer Reviews

Ranked #297 out of 1454 in Nail Polish

October 25, 2016

After getting my first gel manicure and experiencing the its amazing longevity, I was eager to try gel manicures at home. Of course it's hard to start buying a new collection of polish colours when you already have a whole collection of regular nail polish colours that you love. However, my coworker suggested SensatioNail's Polish to Gel Transformer - which you can use to mix with your regular nail polish to transform it to a gel formula.

I bought my bottle of transformer in a little kit that comes with a small plastic mixing pot with a lid. What I usually do is line the plastic mixing pot with tin foil, and use the brush from the transformer bottle to dollop 5-6 drops of transformer into the pot. Then I use the regular nail polish brush to drop in 5-6 drops of the colour of my choosing and mix it all together. This product works really well! Of course since the formula is clear, the regular nail polish colour gets diluted so you may end up needing an extra coat of polish or two, but that isn't a huge problem considering gel polishes cure within a minute of being under a LED lamp. I also found that my light purple polish looked more like light grey after it dried, but it wasn't a huge colour difference. With brighter colours like cherry red there wasn't a noticeable colour difference other than needing an extra coat.

Overall, I really like this, and highly recommend it to whoever wants to have the gel manicure experience at home without having to repurchase all their favourite nail polish colours.

1.5/5

September 24, 2016

Now that we are changing toward gel manicures from regular polish because they last longer and wear better, a product like this really piqued my interest. While the "top coat" application process was relatively easy by topping off well-dried regular polish and curing with an LED lamp, the results were sub-par. I usually get 7-10 days of perfect wear out of my gel manicures and with this product, I had chips and peeling within a day (even worse than my regular top coat)! Ironically, when it got to the point of no return, removal was cumbersome and took forever with an acetone-based remover. Great idea, lacklustre results.