Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain Reviews

Ranked #285 out of 655 in Lip Gloss

What it is:A lip stain that provides beautiful, long-lasting color. What it does:This high-coverage lip product features avocado oil for a texture that transforms as you wear it: when applied, the initial cream texture becomes a silky, lightweight stain. Lips achieve stunning color and feel soft and comfortable. What else you need to know:Available in seven rich shades, including both matte and satin finishes, its intense color stays put.

November 30, 2016

When these first came out I was like hell no. Sephora is going into the whole liquid lip trend, but after trying them out, they are comparable to brands like Huda Beauty and Too Faced. They quality is actually really good and not super drying like a few top brands that I will not mention the names of. If you guys ever get a chance, please try these out, especially #13. It's called Marvelous Mauve, by far my everyday and most favorite colour.

September 24, 2016

I received a deluxe sample of the shade 01 Always Red with my most recent Sephora order.

I'm pretty new to the world of liquid lipsticks. The only other brand that I've tried is the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick, whose formula and ultimate result is far different from this. The Kat Von D is the only one I have to compare it to, though, so please bear with me.

The formula on this is quite liquidy and hard to control. I found it much more difficult to apply with precision than I did the Kat Von D. Part of that could have been due to the very small wand -- as I said, this is a sample -- but the product itself was really slipping around before it dried down. Having said that, the dry time was not as fast as the Kat Von D, which gave me more time to fiddle with it.

Once the colour dried down, it was completely dry, and looked and felt like more of a matte as opposed to a cream. However, the opacity wasn't as strong after one coat as the Kat Von D. I had to apply a second layer, after which I did find that it was a bit tacky and less matte. It could be that two layers is the norm with this formula, and as it's not marketed as matte, this didn't bother me.

What did bother me was the fact that the edges didn't stay immaculate or smooth. They started to get smudgy within an hour of application, and it was difficult to fix them. I don't feel that this would have happened with one layer, because it was dry. Going in with the second layer is what seemed to make the product prone to moving around. Even my non-liquid lipsticks can go longer without messing up on me, so it was a disappointment on that front.

I did enjoy the vanilla scent of the product as well as how comfortable it felt on the lips. The colour was also very pretty. I'm willing to fool around with the formula a bit to see if I can get it even with one layer instead of two. It does show promise.

August 11, 2016

This is a great product that lasts hours as long as you don't apply gloss over top or eat greasy foods. This is more of a liquid lipstick than a stain, and the colour selection is excellent! I'm not often brand/product loyal, but this is something I will buy over and over again.

July 06, 2016

I was surprised by this product. I thought it would be one of those product that is mediocre. However, the quality of this product was nothing of what I was expecting.

The pigment is on point. The color is vibrant and rich. *I bought Polished Purple*
The lasting effect is wonderful; it doesn't just come off.

The scent is mild; its not bad.

If you want something pigmented and affordable, definitely give this a try.

March 31, 2016

LOVE them!! Such a underrated product! Have been using them for almost a year and love most of the colours, especially 'always red' (classic red) and 'marvelous mauve' (everyday mauve). The formula is amazing! Last a long time, non-transfer, very pigmented, dry matte, comfortable on the lips, and easy to apply. Everytime I wear it, people have stopped and asked what's on my lips. Got several friends hooked on them and I'm sure if you give them a try, you will love them as much as I do.

March 18, 2016

As of right now, this is my favourite lip product and I have been using it for several months. The color stays on for hours and doesn't fade. When dry, you can drink, eat, kiss, and it won't come off. I used to work as a server where I had to do a lot of talking and this stain would usually last the entire shift, which is absolutely amazing for anyone with a hectic schedule who can't afford to keep checking or reapplying makeup. It comes in a variety of colours so that everyone should be able to find something they like.

March 09, 2016

This is my new holy grail every day lip color. I bought Marelous Mauve, and the stain (the color is slightly darker when initially applied) is an exact match to the pink color inside of my lips. The color goes on smoothly and creamy (just as the product promises) and stays on really well. I was able to eat, drink, kiss the baby, and even though a little bit of the inital color came off, the stain didn't budge and went from looking like I had lipstick on to a really nice healthy tint. Love love love it! I'm going to have to go back and try some other colors!

January 25, 2016

I picked up the shade 13 Marvelous Mauve which is what I think, a perfect dupe for Kat Von D's Lolita. It applies beautifully and is my daily go to colour. It doesn't dry out my lips and on me, lasts several hours. Its an incredibly flattering shade and I think out of all the things I've ever bought from Sephora, this has been my favourite purchase.

January 18, 2016

THESE LIP STAINS ARE INCREDIBLE!these are a must have!!The colors are so beautiful!They apply smooth and not patchy..The pigment is very strong ..a little goes a long way...this is it! no comments!

January 13, 2016

I have 06 Pink Souffle and 13 Marvelous Mauve!! Love them all! They are super comfortable on the lips, and are long lasting. I don't feel like they leave my lips too dry like some other liquid lips do.