Shimmer Lights Shampoo

Shimmer Lights Shampoo Reviews

Ranked #621 out of 2203 in Hair Care

January 17, 2017

I've tried 3 different brands of purple shampoo - Joico, John Frieda, and Baco. Baco was definitely the better one out of the 3, but then I was given Clairol Shimmer Lights Purple Shampoo as a gift and I am absolutely in love! Having colour treated blonde hair, I reach for an amazing toning shampoo and Shimmer lights is a good pick. I leave it on for 5-7mins and wash it out and my hair honestly looks like I just walked out of a salon. LOVE IT!! xoxo

January 09, 2017

Use it on my white blonde hair -holds the colour better than any other shampoo I've used. Definitely the best shampoo I've found for blonde hair. Can be drying, I use the conditioner as well, keeps it from being too drying.

October 17, 2016

Used this religiously on my blonde for years until I found another brand. It does work, but it's VERY pigmented, and on white blonde if you leave it on a touch too long you will go purple. My main complaint is the smell, and that's why I stopped using it. It's quite chemically smelling and I prefer a more salon type scent.

July 08, 2016

I am a brunette who went to blonde so you can imagine the potential of brassy tones was very high. This shampoo kept me a cool blonde and I was never brassy. It does have a distinct smell, but it's not bad, it's fine. The point is - it works.

June 29, 2016

Takes the yellow/brass color out of blonde hair. Makes hair look refreshed and like you just had it colored at the salon. Does not dry hair out. Leaves hair silky smooth

May 06, 2016

I found this at Sally's and it is absolutely the best toner I have ever found for toning the orange and yellows out of my bleached hair! It can be a little drying so I suggest doing a double condition afterwards, but it works like a charm!

March 17, 2016

All time favourite purple shampoo - comparable to any salon quality purple shampoo, takes away my brassiness in one wash instead of 3 which i have found with some other purple shampoos. smells nice and not too drying

February 17, 2016

I can't say enough good things about this shampoo!!!! The price is great, the formula is great, it's just great! I've used the shampoo two ways, mixed it with thick conditioner and left on my hair to soak (this really helped with my brasiness after going from red to brown to bleach blonde) and I also it once or twice a week as a normal shampoo! Totally recommend it!!! :)

January 23, 2016

For a cheaper purple shampoo, shimmer lights does the job!

June 12, 2015

Product is great for improving your blonde hair and taking away the brassiness BUT leaves hair VERY dry! Since then I've moved onto better products that can accomplish the same tasks without leaving my hair feeling straw like!