• Shirataki Noodles by House Foods
  • Shirataki Noodles by House Foods

Shirataki Noodles by House Foods Reviews

Ranked #149 out of 163 in Weight Management

March 15, 2015

They do need to be rinsed well before using to get rid of the odd smell but they are amazingly good and next to no calories for the entire package if you can eat the whole thing. The one draw back is that if you do find them on sale you can only buy what you will eat before the expiry date. These cannot be frozen. I tried and I had to throw them out. I like the angel hair "pasta" and the fettuccine, but I'm not a fan of the macaroni as they do not stay round and fall flat. You might as well have a flat "noodle". They taste much better than one would think and can be served with any pasta sauce you would normally use.

August 26, 2013

I have been putting off eating these for a long time. People talked about the weird smell, the texture... I tried them with ground turkey and tomato sauce and they were good. I'm surprised. I didn't expect them to be so good!!

I was hungry, so I thought that I would cook the whole bag for myself (only 40 calories!) and I got really full, really fast. They were good, they were filling, they were low cal. I am a happy!!

October 28, 2009

If you are trying to keep your carbs down or if you are on a gluten free diet these noodles can fix your pasta craving FAST.

These noodles are made from tofu and are totally vegan, high in fiber, and are gluten free. The *whole bag (2 servings, or 200g) is only 40 calories, 4 grams of fiber, 2 grams of protein, and 1 gram of fat.

The noodles are pretty tasteless (hey, they're tofu) but if you put sauce on them they are just great.