• Shiseido Advanced Hydro-Liquid Compact SPF 15
Good

Shiseido Advanced Hydro-Liquid Compact SPF 15 Reviews

1 review
Ranked #502 out of 595 in Foundation

A cream-in-a-compact foundation with rich, luxurious moisture glides smoothly onto skin for a lustrous and luminous complexion. Spreads easily with a creamy texture for a perfectly even application. For more information, go to http://www.sca.shiseido.com.

July 04, 2011

Given that I have an olive skin tone that goes pale in winter months - so much so that people regularly ask me whether I'm sick - I've been looking for a solution for something to conceal my pretty prominent bags under my eyes. I abhor wearing heavy make-up so foundation is not something I will ever subscribe to, I simply need my skin to breathe. However, I've found myself opting for foundation in lieu of typical concealers as the latter on its own isn't as effective.
Shiseido's refill foundation is a gem - it's very light but rich in colour. You don't need much to apply, so you can just dab it on. Given its creamy texture (due to moisturizing content), it's also easily applicable. I pair it with bareMinerals concealer in powder to get the best look (i.e. as if I'm not wearing any makeup). I have found Shiseido's products exceptional because they are very light.
The range of colours is also superb and something to always take into consideration when thinking of buying a foundation/concealer.
The compact refill is well worth the price as it can last you for over a year. I love its small compact format - it fits however small your purse is!
Perhaps the only downside is that I have to put it on 2x a day - which is still reasonable longevity if you work long hours.
Overall, I love it because it's very light and the natural fair hue actually matches my skin tone!