shu uemura pret-a-palette in Pink Hues

shu uemura pret-a-palette in Pink Hues Reviews

1 review
Ranked #779 out of 1197 in Eye Shadow

August 04, 2014

If you are wanting to treat yourself, these palettes are definitely the way to do it with their black-lacquered and sleek packaging, but I know that spending $85 on a palette can be hard to justify. I do consider shu uemura to be “up there” on the beauty ladder so owning a shu product is like owning a collector’s item.

The matte shades were my favourite as I found their application to be the most pigmented. I loved the look of the glittery pink shadow, but it was difficult to get a lot of pigmentation out of it. The consistency of the shadows is on the drier side so if you use your fingers, you will have to press a little bit harder to get the eyeshadow to stick. This drier consistency fared slightly better when using a brush which is what I used in the above look. The combination of colours in this palette is very pretty and I like that there are different eyeshadow textures that you can play with. I was afraid that purple would look terrible on me, but I think shu uemura knew what they were doing so I shouldn’t doubt their expertise!

mel lynn earned the Beauty Expert badge

MissNinja has posted in the forum topic
    Beauty and the Beast

leFyfe added a new review for
    Tangle Jr. Fidget Toy