Smash Box Primer Water Reviews

Ranked #61 out of 333 in Primer

January 16, 2017

I really love using this product under and over my makeup. When using this as a base, it allows for good moisture which is needed in when the colder season comes around. I also use this as a setting spray and gives me a nice dewy finish! Another use I've found is using this sprayed onto a brush to enhance eyeshadow!

December 24, 2016

I really like this! I definitely feel it sets my makeup and I don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day. I also use it before make up but I do need to use an eye primer with it. I use it every day and will repurchase when I've finished this bottle!

December 05, 2016

I have been using this for a couple weeks now and some people may be right, it may just be a "glorified water".
    I used to apply this first before my makeup and I don't see any difference. It didn't prep my skin at all for makeup so I ended up using a regular primer.

I am trying to really like it though.
    I think it's an okay setting spray or refresher during the day.

November 20, 2016

This is in my top 5 for make up brands as a must have. It's a little bit pricey depending on where you purchase it from, but it is well worth the money for sure. This stuff is great.

September 23, 2016

Ran out of primer and decided to try this instead of a silicone based primer on the recommendation of a friend. I had a tough time swallowing the price point thought, as $40 CAD isn't cheap for what my boyfriend called, "glorified salt water". I ended up purchasing a bottle on points.

After having used it for about a month I would say that the product works better as a setting spray than as a primer. Even when I did use it as a primer, I combined it with a crime product. The water itself is innocuous; doesn't smell like anything, absorbs into skin. Would probably buy again for makeup setting and refreshing.

August 24, 2016

The smashbox primer water is right up there at the top of my list of beauty must haves, especially for the warmer summer months. I recently started using this product and have fallen in love with the way it feels on my skin and the way it keeps my make up in place all day. I use the Smashbox Photo finish primer first which I will never be without again, then apply my foundation and eye makeup and spritz on the primer water when I'm done and my skin feels fresh all day and my makeup doesn't budge. Pairing the photo finish primer and the primer water has taken my skin to the next level of dewy glow this summer so I highly recommend it. Plus if you have days when you just don't want to put your face on the primer water is a great way to wake up your skin in the morning and head out the door for that minimalist look.

May 09, 2016

I got a sweet deal from sephora, it came with the primer photo finishing and also the primer water. thats when i fell in love with it. It is totally a must for all women!!!!

April 17, 2016

I love this product! I use it throughout the day as an instant refresher to make my makeup look more vibrant and radiant, especially after a long day. It doesn't have a unpleasant smell, and it absorbs very quickly into my skin. Absolute must have for any makeup kit!

April 17, 2016

Smashbox created their primer water with a silicone, oil, and alcohol-free formula that’s apparently packed with electrolytes to restore moisture.

According to them it’s like an energy drink for your skin and provides lasting moisture.
    I use in the Summer after my shower to refresh my face and add moisture, I use at night prior to my skincare regime, I use them in the Winter before any skincare or makeup to allow my skincare to absorb more easily…! I love them!

February 08, 2016

The whole idea of this is great, but it didn't work well with my skin. I didn't find it worked well as a "primer" and my face took an reaction to it. Thankfully I only bought the travel size