• Smashbox "Always On" Matte Liquid Lipstick
  • Smashbox "Always On" Matte Liquid Lipstick

Smashbox "Always On" Matte Liquid Lipstick Reviews

Ranked #31 out of 1020 in Lipstick

November 30, 2016

Best liquid lipstick i've ever used! Liquid lipsticks always make my lip feel so dry - but this one is the most comfortable of them all. They have a wide colour selection which is great

October 22, 2016

These come in a range of great shades, something for everyone. They apply smoothly, some shades need a little layering because they can be a bit streaky. On me they do not completely dry down, so there is some transferring, but on the plus side that makes them not overly drying on the lips. Lip prep before application is important, they will highlight dry areas on your lips.

I like the wear and colours but find the price pretty high ($28 Canadian).

October 07, 2016

Stays on forever and really creamy feeling. It's definitely pricey, but so worth it. It does sink into lip lines a bit, and a liner helps with that, but doesn't completely mitigate it. I just need Out Loud to come back in stock!

October 02, 2016

This next product is a lipstick that I have been looking for for years. You know that red carpet red lipstick everyone wants? I’ve looked for that vibrant red colour in department stores, drugstores and even specialty stores but never could find that perfect red hue until I came across the Smashbox Always on Matte Lipsticks. “Bawse” by Superwoman is that poppy red lipstick you want to get your hands on. It’s so pigmented and matte in finish and I absolutely love it for that. I’ve had a few events this month and this has been my go-to lipstick colour to complete my look.

September 22, 2016

I've tried several matte liquid lipsticks from many brands and I'd have to say that Smashbox makes my favourite ones. The texture on these are incredible! They're long lasting, they don't crumble and they're comfortable on the lips!! They also have a wide shade selection meaning there's a colour out there for everyone! Definitely recommend!

September 21, 2016

I got the Smashbox matte liquid lip in a Sephora lipstick sample kit, in the shade Stepping Out. The colour is very pigmented and gorgeous, the applitcator is very easy to use and it is one of my favourites because of the applicator, and the lipstick lasts basically all day! It is a bit dry like most matte liquid lips, but applying a good lip balm will help. I even ate fast food with the lipstick on and most of it was still on afterwards, which is pretty rare for lipstick. Definitely recommend!!

September 16, 2016

I love this lipstick. It is long lasting and amazing. It doesn't flake off my lips the way I find some matte lipsticks do. The colour is very vibrant and does not require multiple layers. Amazing.

September 08, 2016

Recently I had ventured into Sephora and found a little lippie sample box I decided to try out. It allowed me to spend $33.00 and get 6 lippie products, two of which were full size and the rest were deluxe samples. One of the full size products I received was the Smashbox Always on Matter Liquid Lipstick in Stepping out.

I must say when I first say the colour of this product I was a little nervous, this is a more brown toned lipstick colour and for me I have a light to medium completion so I was worried that it would wash me out, I must say I was completely wrong. The colour is absolutely amazing, I will say when it first goes on your lips it is slightly a different colour then it dries because it goes matte, but the final result is amazing.

In terms of the formula, at first this was another thing that made me a little nervous when you first put on the liquid lipstick it has a very watery formula, it feels like it can easily come off your lips that it's going to be transferrable but after about 15 seconds it dries completely matter, I mean it doesn't feel like you have anything on your lips. It is not the type of matte liquid lipstick that leaves your lips feeling dry and chapped it just feels like your normal lips. I tested this out to see if it was non transferrable and it absolutely was, I had ice cream, drank coffee, kissed my husband and nothing came off, until I used makeup remover.

In terms of the price, the product does go for $28.00 and personally I think it is worth it. I try and save money anyway I can and do not normally buy makeup items priced that high, it is very hard for me to justify it but I think this gives you a lot of product and lasts the way you want a matte lipstick to last.

September 02, 2016

As a liquid lipstick fanatic, I knew I had to try this formula as everyone has been raving about it! The hype is completely justified in case you were wondering. I have a couple colours-"Stepping Out" and "Driver's Seat." "Stepping Out" is a perfect everyday nude, while "Driver's Seat" is a beautiful muted coral. The formula is the best liquid lipstick formula I have come across to date. It is not uncomfortable and is long lasting. It also doesn't flake off like some liquid lipsticks tend to do. The colour selection of the range is great as well. I definitely plan to get some more. Highly recommend!

September 02, 2016

These are great liquid lipsticks, but they are identical to the MAC Retro Matte liquid lipsticks, so if you're looking at these, just be warned you're paying more for these. I have these in a couple of shades, Stepping Out (dark nude), Drivers Seat (reddy nude) and Outloud (brown red).