Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder & Brush Set Reviews

Ranked #238 out of 333 in Powder

What it is:
A face-perfecting antiaging powder and brush duo.

What it does:
Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder HALO is the first antiaging powder with the science of skin care built in. It's advanced formulation of pure gold, 48 minerals, 11 amino acids, and a powerful peptide deliver powerful antiaging benefits while the patented hydration system continuously revitalizes skin and provides a hydrated look that won't accentuate lines and wrinkles. The built-in shaver allows for the convenience of a pressed powder combined with the radiant finish of a loose one, and the super-size brush deposits the perfect amount of powder every time.

November 14, 2016

This powder is amazing. I am not one for makeup and love how light it is. I tried it at my sisters house and got hooked. It took me a bit to take the plunge to buy it as it is $58 but felt it was worth it. No longer comes with a brush. Recommend a kabuki brush.

September 13, 2016

I use this product as a setting powder over my makeup everyday. it gives a decent coverage and comes a 5 or 6 different shades. I like this product!!!

June 23, 2016

By the end of the day I tend to get oily skin, this powder was applied before being in a wedding party and it lasted all through the ceremony and reception! No shining even though I was busting a move on the dance floor!

June 06, 2016

Love the hydrating powder for the spring/summer months - great coverage for a powder without looking cakey! Downside, I don't really use it in the winter because my skin gets too dry!

November 03, 2015

While the price may scare you, the amount of powder you actually get is DOUBLE than other brands. I like how the loose powder is created with every new use rather than we constantly available. I find that the powder lasts a lot longer this way.

The coverage is perfect and I do not look like a 'cake face' at all . I am 45 and my daughter is 20 and we both use this product and are equally happy.

1.5/5

October 07, 2015

Not a fan at all. Im bare minerals all the way. This was so much more expensive and had terrible lasting power. It actually LOOKED like I was wearing heavy power on my face, so if I tried to apply less it had no coverage what so ever. I normally just use up products I don't like but I returned this asap.
I have oily skin with occasional redness. This just isn't the product for me.

April 27, 2015

Guys this stuff is costly, but so worth it. It is my splurge item. Makes your skin look and feel great. Give it a try you wont be sorry. I have got my whole extended family hooked on this stuff.

October 23, 2014

i love this, its one of my essentials, it stays on all day and still looks flawless

October 23, 2014

I literally cannot say enough good things about this powder. In fact it's so amazing that before fair/light was a colour I found myself buying two and mixing them together just to get my shade.

This melts into the skin to the point that it doesn't even look like you are wearing a powder anymore and while it is hydrating I don't find that it adds more oil to my face, though when I have a dry patch or two it doesn't cling and accentuate them like other powders. For a loose powder it actually covers quite amazingly when you use the correct brushes and I even mix it in with a tinted moisturiser some days to create a cream base!
The container stops a lot of the mess that comes with many loose powders because you just 'shave' the product up as you go along. The price originally appears daunting BUT if you look at the size it's almost double the size of Bare Mineral's hydrating powder (15g at $58 vs 8g at $32).

I seriously encourage EVERYONE to go try this powder on and wear it for the day, you'll buy it the next day and never look back!!

While I miss it coming with a brush I'm not that upset because of the price reduction.

September 08, 2014

I needed a set like this and I'm glad I came across it ... Although to have to reapply about three times a day, it works great. (I do have to apply liberally...)

prettyrainbow has posted in the forum topic
Stitches

Beetlejuice13 added a new review for
MoroccanOil

Beetlejuice13 earned the Beauty Rockstar badge

Sandra Ribeiro has posted in the forum topic
Chick Advisor cosmetic Bag