Smashbox High Definition Concealer

Smashbox High Definition Concealer Reviews

Ranked #283 out of 389 in Concealer

November 29, 2016

Amazing concealer does not crease and perfect for the eye area. A little goes along way so it'll last you forever. Great for concealing pimples as well, the highly pigmented shades ranging from fairest and up should be in every girls makeup bag.

June 24, 2016

Great for those long nights. Makes you look fresh.. Not to mention it helps even skin tones and even clears the blemishes. Doesn't get oily ... Better than wearing foundation all day

January 18, 2016

This is my go-to concealer. I cannot leave the house without it.

April 23, 2015

Great product for brightening and completely covering dark circles. Even though it's a high end product, the price is very reasonable for the amount of product.

December 12, 2014

I received a sample of Medium. The coverage is pretty good. It's lightweight and blends well with my fingers. A little does go along way. Works well for eyes and for blemishes. This is affordable. Surprised by it.
#ChickAdvisorChristmasContest

October 28, 2014

This is my all time favourite go to under eye concealer, I love this stuff so much I use it every single day. The price is great because the product lasts so long! One tube lasts me months! instead of a drugstore brand that cost half but only lasts me a few weeks. It stays in place all day long and is build able and blend able. I can't say enough about this concealer.

May 20, 2014

This concealer covers well but rubs off easily, i find i need to apply it a few times daily to achieve the look i want. works under eyes and to cover blemishes.

September 28, 2013

Hides everything needed to be hidden so well and is so lightweight. My favorite concealer yet!

March 13, 2013

This is one of the first high end concealers I have tried and I definitely think it's worth the money.

One thing I noticed when I first used it was that it is very watery. You have to shake it a bit before you use it so it doesn't come out in a stream!

This concealer was definitely fool proof. I could apply it with a brush or my fingers and I always found I could use less than a pea sized amount. Something I did notice is that if I used too much for under my eyes, it would settle into lines. This can be fixed though by just only using a small amount.

I have oily to combination skin, and I felt that the consistency of the product didn't make me look too slick.

If you're looking for a higher end concealer, give smashbox a try!

May 13, 2011

I recently went to Shoppers and asked for a sample of this product. Because the tube looks tiny/IS tiny and the price was $22, I was not about to buy it before knowing if it actually worked or not. I guess I should first say that I don't have severely dark circles under my eyes - which is mainly what I got it for, the under-eye area - but I do look better with just a bit of product on. More rested, not quite as haggard :-)

The reason I had asked for a sample in the first place was because when I tried it in-store, the texture was amazingly smooth and spread like crazy, while still appearing to cover. Not at all cake-y like most of the other concealers I tried that day. Other brands either looked like dry-wall mud or were too sheer. The Smashbox concealer also took VERY little product to cover. The tiniest bit spread out all over my hand, with still having enough pigment to camouflage. Rare. I still hesitated, though, because this concealer has silicones in it. I normally avoid all silicone based products like the plague, including primers, because they form an occlusive barrier which leads to break-outs, flaky skin, and a rough texture. Sure, it may *feel* smooth when you put it on, but a week down the road, I always see that my skin looks much worse than it did to begin with. However, my under-eye area doesn't react the same way, so I really wanted to give this a try. It also had some other decent ingredients in it such as plant extracts, which were very interesting. The woman gave me a small sample in the shade Medium and I took it home, prepared to be disappointed :-)

That small sample ended up lasting me about 2 weeks straight. From the first time I used it, I fell in love. This stuff is amazing under the eyes. It doesn't settle into lines, you can powder over it without it looking crusty and magnifying fine lines, it is absolutely invisible face to face and in photos - no deer-in-headlights eyes at all - and it covers like a dream. Smooth smooth SMOOTH. There is no need to tug at the delicate skin around the eye while applying, either. Spectacular stuff! I generally don't use it all over my face, though, because as I mentioned my mug does not like silicone, but the few spots Ive been testing it on hasn't seemed to freak it out or anything as of yet. Just dab a bit on and then dab a little bit of yellow mineral powder - neutralizes red - over top to completely hide red spots, scars, etc. The shades all seem to be very neutral, as in not pink and not yellow-based, so I have found that for a pimple or anything else red, you need to add a bit of yellow product over top. Mineral concealer is perfect for that.

Would it work for somebody with severe darkness in the eye area? Maybe not. This product is more for somebody who needs up to a medium amount of coverage that looks completely natural. Then again, I never did try to apply it more thickly to see how buildable it is, though I do sometimes apply a brightener over it and it still looks very good. It may be worth a shot as you can return it if it doesn't work for you.

Is it pricey? Yes, but I figure that small tube will probably last me more than a year. Even at a years worth of use, $22 divided by 12 = absolutely nothing per month. This stuff is worth every penny, and then some. Because of the price, I had no intention of actually buying it as I really was not prepared for the excellent results I got. But in some cases, you really *do* get what you pay for :-)

Updated On: May 13, 2011

The tube is 8ml. Tiny amount but will last forever.