So Delicious coconut milk ice cream - chocolate Reviews

Ranked #383 out of 414 in Ice Cream

Taste

September 05, 2016

This is my first time trying a dairy-free ice cream, and I'm impressed!

The flavour of this chocolate ice cream is just as good as regular ice cream. The texture, however, is where they differ. This is much harder and tends to break off in chunks, rather than being smooth and creamy. If it's been in the freezer for awhile, you are going to have a heck of a time scooping any out! I actually had to defrost mine in the microwave.

Because this is made with coconut, this stuff is packed with fibre. This is an excellent way to add extra fibre to your diet in a way that tastes great.

The biggest drawback is the price. I don't eat a lot of ice cream, so one container lasts a long time for me, but yikes! These are expensive!

Taste

May 17, 2012

I recently had confirmed that I am sensitive to eggs, dairy and gluten. This explains a lot! Overall I feel better but desperately miss sweet treats like ice cream. I discovered this product at my local Metro grocery store. IT IS AMAZING!

I've only tried the chocolate, and on first bite, the texture was a teeny-tiny bit different than regular ice cream and there was a very mild coconut taste, but still very good. Second time I had it, I swear I forgot it wasn't standard old ice cream. I will never miss dairy ice cream again!

Oh, and the best part? It is so much better for you thank dairy ice cream! The calorie count, fat content, sodium level and sugar level are ALL lower than dairy ice cream. Sweet bonus:)

It's pricey, about $8 for a pint but as an allergy free treat once in a while, it is absolutely worth it.

The So Delicious brand (under Turtle Mountain co) has a whole line of allergen free food. Their processing is very stringent including testing all foods, their equipment cleaning, packaging, and even co-packers etc that they work with have to follow their guidelines so products aren't cross contaminated. I also believe most of the products have no GMOs, and have organic ingredients.

NOTE: They do have some products with gluten (ex. the coconut milk ice cream with cookie dough) but it is clearly labelled and processed seperately.