Soma Chocolatemaker Balsamic Vinegar Truffle

Soma Chocolatemaker Balsamic Vinegar Truffle Reviews

1 review
Ranked #943 out of 987 in Misc

March 04, 2007

I am a chocolate snob. I knows whats I likes, and I demand a hell of a lot from my chocolate. I ordered a few pieces from Soma this week - some truffles, which are actually molded chocolate filled with ganache, a microbatch bar that they take from bean to bar, and a package of hot chocolate mix - on the recommendation of a few friends. So far, I've sampled the molded chocolates only. The first three, Caramel Kiss, Single Origin Venezuelan, and Spicy Mayan Dome, were lovely but unremarkable. The fourth? The 8 year old age Balsamic Vinegar Truffle? That one was a revelation.

I had never thought about combining a dark chocolate (this one was Venezuelan with 70% cacao content) with balsamic vinegar before, but was mighty intrigued when I saw it on their price list. And, holy cow, am I happy that I ordered it. The bitterness of the chocolate was balanced with the tangy sweetness of the balsamic in a way that I had not thought possible. If I could marry a confection, I would be running down the aisle with this sucker RIGHT NOW.

Anonymous has posted in the forum topic
Do you put your false eyelashes on first or last?

jessiekohut has started a new forum topic
Foundation