Splat Washables Hair Color Reviews

Ranked #186 out of 258 in Hair Colour

August 30, 2015

Very messy product. It washes out quickly, but isn't that the point? I do not like, however, that it leaves my hair feeling dry and dirty.

August 30, 2015

Straight to the point instructions as I like. Too much wording and I just get side tracked and bored.
BUT note number 3- DO NOT APPLY HAIR SPRAY BEFORE APPLICATION. ok. The box states apply hair spray before application LOL so thats kind of odd they are telling you to do it two different ways but maybe they just haven't updated the box or the instructions? I wouldn’t personally put hair spray first.

You basically use a giant mascara brush which I thought wouldn’t work well…which for me it kinda didn’t but maybe for pieces of colour it would.

So the application was different then I thought, I combed my dry hair first so there were no tangles and just separated the bottom half from the top since I didn't know how much product I needed or if I would end up doing my whole head.

I attempted the brush applicator that it came with but since I didn't want to do small streaks I wanted all over colour it didn't work for me. Then I tried my brush I use to dye my hair with and that worked well but in the end honestly it was just easier to use my hands.

I didn't really know what to expect but my hair was really wet and sticky, kind of crunchy so I might not have applied the colour evenly.Once you get everything where you want it you blow dry and blow dry for a while, I tried to use a brush to kind of help un clump my hair but it was just so wet it took me about 20 minutes to just dry the top half of my hair when normally I can do my whole head in under ten but thats okay it’s so pretty I don't care.

I got some on my face it just wiped off easily with water, clearly my hands were covered but washing them with soap and water did the trick. After everything is dry you can't really brush through your hair a lot, it kind of turns chalky, so you want to have an easy style that day, nothing major, I would not use straight iron or curling iron because it will be messy. I did hairspray my head after to lock the colour in.

I FREAKING HEART IT!!!! It's beautiful colour even over my black hair. The more you touch and brush and such the less vibrant the colour will be but it worked well on my dark hair.

SOOOOO would I recommend? Heck yes I would!
Would I use this product again? You Bet!
Was this easy to apply? Yes very, but also messy and some what time consuming.
This is an amazing option for someone who has dark hair and wants to add colour without using extensions. BUT it will wash out tomorrow =(

Pros:
Pretty as hell
Good Price
Washes Out
Doesn't Wreck your hair

Cons:
A bit messy
Not as easy as hair chalk
Washes out
My hair feels kinda weird, maybe dirty or not as soft

I am going to sleep on it tonight (black pillow case) and update on what it looks like tomorrow, plus I work in a shop so we will see how awful it looks by the end of day 2 lol. Just out of curiosity. Remember though the more you touch the more you might rub out, thats the biggest downfall but I still will recommend and think I might buy the Electric Blue next to try.

April 21, 2015

I was so excited when i got this, i put it in and the color was so uneven, and i couldnt brush my hair after it would just rip my hair out...not using this ever again

December 01, 2014

I love the idea of fun washable hair colors. I tried the blue hair product. The product is easy to apply but doesn't apply evenly. I love the blue in contrast to my beautiful in my black hair. However, the product is crumbly after a few hours and falls out of my hair and I find that my hair feels like straw after use.

1.5/5

December 01, 2014

It's a fun way to add non permanent color to your hair, and it washes out with shampoo, but honestly I don't think it drying your hair out is worth it!, It absolutely killed my hair and I was so upset about it I don't think I will EVER use it again! Which is strange because I absolutely love splat permanent hair color!.