stila cosmetics Convertible Color Blush Reviews

Ranked #297 out of 502 in Blush

This two-in-one compact provides coordinated color for the lips and cheeks. Packaged in a slim compact with mirror, Convertible Color can be tapped onto cheeks and pressed into lips for a glowing, monochromatic look. Its sheer, translucent pigments provide a natural finish that compliments any skin tone. The formula's silky, creamy texture leaves the skin and lips feeling moisturized and conditioned.

December 09, 2015

So I just purchased this product in the "coral" as they only had two options at shoppers drug mart. I'm always on the hunt for a blush, and this one is incredible. I'm a nurse so I bust my buns all day and find my last blush (the body shop cream blush) would melt away and I would look at my face in the mirror by like 3 with four hours left of my shift and want to run and hide. This blush literally did not move, stayed the exact same colour and left my cheeks bright, when I first used it it was like soooo bright I was afraid I would look like a clown but low and behold it faded Infront of my eyes to a softer colour. I am definitely going to get this blush again!

May 25, 2015

I adore this blush. Gives a very natural, fresh face look and stays all day!

March 14, 2015

I received a sample in my Sephora box in a dark salmon shade. It's more natural on your flesh but on the lips it was dry and tasted weird. Maybe it was a bad sample but I don't like it.

October 23, 2014

I love cream blushes! You can use this product on eyes, cheeks and lips. I mostly use it as a cream blush. I purchased the Peony, which is a warmer apricot-ish colour (which is a departure from my normal range of pink and berry shades), but I love it. I has nice colour and coverage, as well as staying power (this is saying a lot because my skin tends to be a bit more on the oily side). Great product!

April 14, 2014

This product is a bit on the pricey side, but since a little goes a long way, it lasts for ages. I have it in Gerbera (a soft peachy-pink) and Fuchsia. It is nice and creamy, and I prefer to apply it with my fingertips over foundation or on bare skin. Apparently you can also apply it with a stiff brush and blend it out that way. You can also use it on lips, but I think it has a bit of a weird taste. Creates a lovely glow as blush.

August 08, 2012

I have this in Peony which is a nice rosey/mauve color.

I find these blend nicely into the skin and you can definitely sheer them out or build them up quite easily. They don't feel sticky at all and they last quite nicely although I do layer a blush or setting powder over it when I wear cream blushes.

I'm not a huge fan of this on the lips, I find it quite drying and just don't prefer to use it on the lips.

April 29, 2012

This cream blush is amazing! I have used a lot of different cream versions, but this one is by far my favorite. The compact is really cute and is a really great slim size. My favorite is 'peony', which turns into this light rosy color, the perfect flush! Make sure you use a cream blush brush and blot it on your skin before blending/contouring it in. The look is super natural, yet glamorous! It looks really dewy and fresh. Definitely worth the money.

December 15, 2011

So, I love blush! It is probably my most favourite makeup item of all time, so with that said I love trying out new blushes. A store near where I live started selling Stila so I was more than thrilled and I've heard loads about their "Convertible Colours" so I decided to pick one up. Let's just say less than a week later I was back for more! I have two colours so far "Lillium" and "Gerbera". Lillium is more of a everyday colour, it's a pinky colour but with more of a nude base to it. Gerbera is also a pinky blush but with more of a coral base. These both look similar when glancing quickly but in fact they are both very different and I love theme. They are not just a blush, they can also be used as a lip colour as well but I have not tried that yet! But they are a cream product and are suprisingly very creamy and apply very easily. I love applying this product everyday! I use my fingers and dot it onto my cheeks then buff it out using a MAC 187! The packaging just adds to the already perfect cake, it is very sleek and the outside colour matches the inside colour of the actual product! Needless to say I will be purchasing more in the future!!!

December 15, 2010

You ladies probably remember me looking for the perfect Blush. Well, I think I finally found it!!

The only Con is, the price is very steep for such little amount of product.

Now that we have the "con" out of the way, let's get to the Pro.

A powder blush gives a lot of product, tends to be more pigmented so it shows up more on your cheeks. But for dry skin (such as mine) it doesn't suit as well.
A liquid tint blush looks more natural, gives a glow from within kind of look, but is harder to apply evenly across the desired area. Also I find liquid tint blushes tend to dry out my cheek area more, almost as if they suck out the moisture as they're seeping into my skin.

This blush is the marriage of the best of both worlds.
It is a cream blush with build-able pigment, that goes on like a tint so it looks extremely natural. It is very build-able so you can apply as little or as much as you need. Because it's creamy, it's easy to apply and doesn't soak into skin upon contact like some tint blushes do. The colours they have are very flattering for different skin shades.

I myself bought Peony and it gives me a beautiful flush. In fact even I can't tell I'm wearing a blush, it goes on so smooth and natural!

My only lament is, I wish they'd either lower the price, or give us more product. Regardless, in my extensive search for blushes through Sephora and Mac, this is the best I've found so far!

Updated On: January 17, 2012

Very sorry to say that this blush has amazingly horrible staying power!!! It just disappears off your face in an hour or so! Surprising, 'cuz I have such dry skin, I really wouldn't expect a product to do that...Especially not such a high priced "high end" product. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend this. It's one thing to reapply lipstick, but I don't wanna be carrying around my blush 'cuz I need to reapply that every few hours!

May 21, 2010

This product is expensive for blush but I like it enough. I like the case it comes in. It's cute and slim. I got this blush in the color 'Rose.' I like that you are able to use the same color on your cheeks and lips to complement each other. You can layer this on to your desired shade. I apply with my fingers and the color transfers easily. I don't think it's thick which I like.