• Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Smooth Operator
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Smooth Operator

Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Smooth Operator Reviews

Ranked #590 out of 597 in Foundation

June 06, 2016

Yassssssss!!!! Love this product so much! I would highly recommend it! It doesn't feel like your using too much either or cakey.. Etc! Great product!

May 21, 2015

This stuff is great before foundation because it moisturizes and cancels out any minor redness, plus has a decent SPF.

September 15, 2012

I was looking for a tinted moisturizer with SPF, natural ingredients, oil free, fragrance free and that didn't smell like SPF, that was good for sensitive skin, controlled shine and came in real skin colours. This is it.

It is easy to apply, blends perfectly, is sheer and yet provides even coverage... it really is the product I have always been searching for.

All that said it is pricey selling for about $50 at sephora.

Updated On: December 04, 2012

So I've been using this for a while now and just wanted to say - I'm so glad I found you Tarte!! As much as I don't like the price, it lasts long because you don't need a lot of product to make a HUGE difference. My skin looks flawless. I am in love.

September 05, 2007

I received a sample of this from Sephora. This light-weight oil free tinted moisturizer just goes on so smoothly and looks so natural! I have oily and sensitive skin (and at times acne prone) so I often avoid wearing any makeup because I'm worried it will all run off by the end of the day anyway and clog my pores. I didn't break out at all when using this and it lasted from morning until night! The best part was that it didn't make me itch or feel heavy, even with an SPF 20. I still got a bit shiny, but I'm sure that a little make up primer and non-comedogenic powder could fix that.

It is quite costly, I think it's around $50 CDN, but worth the investment. I find that the cheaper brands just irritate my skin and cause breakout anyways.

It says on the package that Smooth Operator has vitamins and natural extracts. Not sure about that, but all I know it that it actually makes my skin look good! It is a must try!

October 07, 2006

The perfect foundation: after trying MAC, Stila, Armani, Lancome, Bobbi Brown and a host of others, this one is sheer perfection.

Light coverage, doesn't help oily skin get oilier, great yellow-based shades in very forgiving colour matches, and even an SPF rating.

Did not irritate or cause my acne-prone skin to break out.

I am NC20 ish on the MAC scale and Conceal is a perfect match (I also own Facade, with is lighter and would be great on NC15-ish skin tones)..

This foundation, when combined with Chantecaille loose powder, give me perfect skin. It has been compared to a tinted moisturizer, in texture. It's not terribly moisturizing, but the sheer coverage is similar to what you'd expect from a Tinted Moisturizer.

Definite repurchase. This makes me want to chuck my Armani LSF in the trash.