The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
Good

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein Reviews

Ranked #79 out of 982 in Books

October 13, 2016

I received this book as a gift after my dog passed away, and since have lent it to many family members and friends, men and women alike. The story depicts the relationship between humans and dogs to a T. It truly conveys the unconditional love a dog has for it's owner and the special place we have for dogs as part of our family. If you are a dog owner or lover then you should definitely read this book!

June 14, 2016

I picked this book up off the shelf in my eighth year of school.
    Now in grade ten, I still think about this book everyday.
    I have never felt so personally touched by a book. I never felt so connected to characters. I was so empathetic while reading, and felt the pain and happiness and other emotions the characters felt.
    After reading, I introduced the book to many others- I recommended my sister, who recommended it to her grandmother. I recommended it to my mother, who recommended it to my grandmother, who recommended it to her daughter, who, after reading, posted a status on Facebook recommending all her friends to read.
    This story is truly moving. So full of life and events that are easy to relate to. I highly, highly recommend reading this book.