The Balm Betty-Lou Manizer

The Balm Betty-Lou Manizer Reviews

Ranked #169 out of 286 in Bronzer

March 28, 2016

"A" for amazing!! price point is affordable, and reasonable. the product itself is long lasting and brilliant! this is a must have in your make up bag!

March 26, 2015

This stuff is honestly gorgeous, it's the best highlight ever!

June 04, 2012

Monday, June 4, 2012

The Balm is the Bomb Baby! GlamGal Beauty Review

I have come across a very good product recently. The Balm, a company from California, very reminiscent of Benefit Cosmetics, has a great powder highlighter. They say it can be used as a highlighter, face shimmer powder and eye shadow. I would have to agree! I purchased the face highlighter/eye shadow/shimmer for $19.99. To some people, this may not sound like a lot of cash, but for me to dish out twenty bucks means it must be good! I have spent some time now trying out all the latest in highlighters. It seems that this is a big trend for 2012. Most products on the market come by way of a liquid shimmer. The liquids they say are great to blend with a BB or a foundation but I have found that they just disappear on me and it was a pointless exercise, and waste of hard earned dough. I have tried the very pricey Benefit, Girl Meets Pearl and you would never know it was on my face, even alone I didn't like it as I didn't see the brightening or highlighting and it didn't conceal enough for my liking, mixed with foundation, you still couldn't tell. The Balm is awesome. I will put on my BB (I use Marcelle) and then my pressed face powder (using Korres) and then take my big fluffy face brush and highlight my cheekbones, above my eye brows and then down my nose and cupid's bow. The shimmer is just enough and not enough to look too done up. I find it somehow gives the illusion of a more tanned face...interesting! I also tried the stuff on my eye lids but I prefer my glitter shadows that have more pigment. If I were to not wear any eye make up I would use it then but that will never happen!!!

Overall, The Balm highlighter worked well and has staying power. From 8am to 6pm unless it's a scorcher out and my face has melted, I do see the effects. If I use too much I can feel a coating on my face and it is not dry either, a real test to it's staying power...moisture!

I give this product 9/10.

GlamGal
www.beautyboxblog.ca

April 23, 2012

I was at my "local" Rexall/Pharma Plus drug store.
I was looking at the all-in-one bronzer, shimmer, and eyeshadow for C$30.
When I did a swatch it looked like I had a bad tan.
It was very smooth and light.
It was too dark for me.