The Balm Rockstar Face Palette Balm Jovi Reviews

Ranked #212 out of 390 in Makeup

October 21, 2016

Such a fun palette that has everything from eye shadow, blush, highlighter, and lip stain. Great pigmented colors with fun names. Even offers color combinations for a fun look.

October 25, 2014

I just love love love this palette!!! The red lipstick in this is to die for, and by far my favorite red I own! Not only can the colors be used wet or dry but the colors are amazing!

August 06, 2014

All the shadow colours can be used wet or dry and the lip colours can apparently also double as a cheek colour.
The entire palette is also Talc and Paraben-free

I'm just absolutely in love with the shade names and the colours. You'll see what I mean in just a second!

Each colour's name is based on different bands from its own "era".

There are 3 different music era categories with four 10.8g shadows in each.
The palette also contains;
a 2.8g face highlighter, a 2.8g blush and
then there are two 4g lip colours.

The first set of shadows are your Heavy Metal colours, which are shimmery metallics.
Ready for the names?

Metal-ica- a shimmery silver
Iron Main-in - a shimmery gold
Lead Zeppelin - a shimmery Lead (my favourite)
Alice Copper - a shimmery Copper
The Heavy Metals are by far my favourite set of 4.

The next set of 4 are your Classical colours! These are all your neutral matte colours which I found fitting because they are your foundation, your basics and your old faithfuls.
They are:

Adagio - Beige Matte
Allegro - Brown Matte
Moderato - Dark purple matte
Presto - Deeper Brown Matte
The final Era is Alternative, They are all gorgeous colours.
This era contains

Blink 1982 -Light Mauve Shimmer
The Stroke - Deep Navy Shimmer
REM- Lilac Shimmer
Third Eye Blinded - Light Peach Shimmer
Your Highlighter is called "Solid Gold" in its own category of Disco Disco.
Your Blush is called "Don't you want me?" in the Category POP! POP!

The really exciting thing about the blush is that it is actually a small version The Balms "Fratboy" Blush which I also wanted to try at some point!

Last but not least you have the Lip Sync and Playback section which contains your two lip colours

Milly- Nude Lip
Vanilly -Berry Red Lip
All the colours are so soft and pigmented.

They honestly feel like silk on your eyelids!

I feel like The Balm is really stepping up their game and will soon become an even bigger beauty favourite for a lot of people in the near future.

June 22, 2014

I bought this palette after christmas after watching a review of it on YouTube. I was DEFINITELY not disappointed! It's my go-to palette, has a great combination of mattes and shimmer eyeshadows, and I really love how it has a seperate flap that protects the cream blushes/lip colors from the powders getting into them. The luminizer is good, but is probably the one thing that I could do without in the entire thing. Great pigmentation, wears a long time, and I've never noticed creasing on my eyelids.

June 24, 2013

I was just browsing the local pharmacy store and saw this palette in the cosmetics aisle. As I am a total rock chick I thought this was the cutest and most creative product I have ever seen.
The packaging is super cute and all of the colours are named after rock stars. The palette is named Balm Jovi and some of the colours are: Metal-ica, Iron Maid-in, Lead Zeppelin, rem, Third Eye Blinded etc.

For the price I paid (aprox $50) I find this to be of extremely good value. There are 12 eyeshadow colours, a blush, a luminizer and 2 lip/cheek colours.

Because of this find I will totally be checking out more products by this line.

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Checkout 51

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Top 5 AFFORDABLE makeup brands!!

prettyrainbow has posted in the forum topic

j.beauty has started a new forum topic
Top 5 AFFORDABLE makeup brands!!

tracy1963 has started a new forum topic

j.beauty added a new review for
Manic Panic Hair Dye