The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser Reviews

Ranked #534 out of 944 in Facial Cleansers

August 25, 2016

I usually love products from The Body Shop, but this is a product I will not be purchasing again. For $18 I expected a fairly good cleanser. It is a cream type texture but it doesn't seem to do anything on my skin. Feels like I'm not even washing my face, doesn't give me the nice fresh feeling after I wash my face with other products. Scent is light which is good. The bottle is very poorly made, the bottle feels like it's filled with air almost? In order to put the cleanser in my hand I have to shake it up and down like a ketchup bottle and the bottle sorta flattens and folds after squeezing the face wash out. I don't know, maybe this product works for some people but I was personally very disappointed in this purchase.

February 12, 2016

I love everything in the aloe line except for this cleanser. It feels more like a lotion than a cream cleanser when I'm using it and my skin doesn't feel clean at all. I've used micellar water on cotton pads after using this cleanser and found that it really doesn't take off that much dirt or makeup. The Body Shop has tons of better cream cleansers that I would rather use. Just a disappointing product to me.

July 15, 2015

I love this line of Body Shop products, great for sensitive skin.

June 11, 2015

Love the way this is scentless and also creamy. Tried the foaming cleanser which is too drying. I have sensitive skin and this cleanser doesn't irritate me at all. It's the only one I use.

June 09, 2015

I've been using Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser for about 2 years. I'm a 30-something with dry skin, eczema and the normal hormone-related acne. I love this cleanser because it's gentle enough not to irritate my eczema or dry out my skin, but cleans well enough to keep my acne under control. I recently realized that I don't take enough time to actually clean my face, and since then I've been spending about a full 30 seconds massaging the cleanser on my skin (I used to kind of slap it on, move it around and wipe it all off in 30 seconds) and I've found it works even better! #TheMoreYouKnow

January 13, 2015

I really like this facial cleanser. I have normal skin that starts to uncomfortably dry in the winter, so I felt like I needed to switch to a gentler cleanser for the season. This cleanser washed away the excess oils on my face, and left me feeling refreshed, all without drying out my skin. What I loved most about this product though, was that it washed off all the makeup I missed after I used makeup remover. All in all, a great product for those with sensitive or normal skin, but I may not recommend it to people with oilier skin types.

June 13, 2014

I have only been using this product for a few weeks, but my skin feels amazing and is much better now. I switched from using the Vitamin E line, which still dried out my face this past winter. All of my dry spots are gone, it has not made me break out, and my skin feels really soft now. Will likely continue using this product for a long time!

November 05, 2013

Simply lovely! Soft, gentle, soothing, and it works! This product is wonderful for removing your make-up, leaving your skin feeling pampered and amazing! A must buy!