The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream

The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream Reviews

Ranked #704 out of 1113 in Facial Lotions & Creams

Aloe Soothing Day cream leaves your sensitive skin soft and smooth. This easily absorbed, hydrating moisturizer instantly comforts sensitive skin. Dermatologically approved and clinically proven as suitable for sensitive skin. Our groundbreaking Aloe range uses the world’s first fair trade aloe and is preservative-free, dye-free, fragrance-free, alcohol-free and soap-free. Our Community Trade partners in Guatemala grow the aloe without using pesticides, then it is hand-picked, washed and processed within 12 hours to maintain freshness. A unique freeze drying process ensures that preservatives do not need to be added to the aloe gel.

September 14, 2016

I bought the Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream during their buy 3 for $33 black friday sale in 2015. The smell is very subtle and not strong. I wear this cream day and night and it leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. I recommend.

July 07, 2016

I love that this product does not contain any fragrance or preservatives. It does not make my face feel sticky and moisturizes really well. Some people might find this moisturizer a little thick for the daytime, but if your skin type is dehydrated, then this should work for you. It doesn't clog your pores, but the only downside is that it also doesn't help with breakouts. In general, it keeps my skin balanced and looking healthy, which is why I would repurchase.

October 09, 2015

Very soothing day cream, skin feels soft all day.

July 15, 2015

This is the best line of Day Cream for Sensitive skin I have come across at a great price. Love there sales as well.

April 20, 2015

This product is great! I have sensitive skin so cant use a heavy day cream. This cream is light weight, no nasty smell and so gentle on my skin.

January 05, 2015

I found it a little too heavy for my skin. Didn't like the access I felt was left on my skin. Made my nose and face feel somewhat oily.

August 14, 2014

This lotion is great for people who have dry skin! I especially think it is good after doing a exfoliation treatment on your face. It's very moisturizing, and definitely rehydrates your face immediately. If you are prone to acne I wouldn't use this cream daily, however to rejuvenate and moisturize your face once and a while will still be great for you! If you have sensitive skin I'd also recommend this product, it doesn't feel harsh or thick on your face, and shouldn't irritate you. I find a little goes a long way with this product, so even though you may get more of another product for the same price, you will find this one lasts longer, it's not necessary to use large amounts every time you apply!

August 25, 2012

So have fairly dry, sensitive skin, especially on the bottom of my cheeks where I have rosacea. I have tried so many products to dry and get rid of the dry patches and the aloe line by The Body Shop is truly the most effective and gentle I have used.

The soothing day cream is light but really hydrating, it does not irritate or feal greasy. Like the whole range, the product is free of any fragrance, soap, preservative, and dye. They also use organic fair-trade aloe.

The product really feels high end to me. I have used Korres before and feel like the results are equivalent, but I do prefer the aloe line by Body Shop. The price is average, but they always have sales so it is easy to get the product at a better price.

January 06, 2012

I have only been using this for the past couple days, but so far I am pretty happy with it. It does not leave my skin greasy or cakey feeling, which is very important!!! It also doesn't have an old lady makeup smell, which I appreciate!

September 28, 2011

After years of using Body Shop's Tea tree oil lotion I needed a change. I used the Vitamin E for the winter but when summer came around it got too heavy and caused breakouts. So I headed to the store in search for a new face cream. They recommended the one with SPF 15 and boy o boy did my face break out!! I promptly took it back to the store and instead got the Soothing day cream.
Doesn't smell like anything, very light weight, works well in super hot climates (took it with me traveling this summer) and overall a good moisturizer. I bought one more jar of it, but with the weather getting colder, I don't know if it will be enough moisture, I may have to switch back to the vitamin E one.
Cons - I don't like the packaging because it's a little bland, a different colour would've been nice, but no complaints about the product.
Tip - it was amazing for sunburn care too!