The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Reviews

Ranked #699 out of 938 in Shampoo

Stop flakes and soothe your scalp using a gentle, yet effective shampoo with refreshing ginger for healthy, more manageable locks. Best for: dry, flaky scalp

March 08, 2016

I love this product! It has a fresh ginger smell. I have a dry scalp and medium un-treated hair. It works well but can be a little drying but I use a deep conditioner and only use the shampoo once a week. it was about 10.00 a bottle but the store has great sales all the time.

February 18, 2016

I have been using this product for over a year and find it effective on my dry scalp. Nice fresh ginger smell and reasonably price. Will buy this product again.

February 05, 2016

I decided to The Body shop Ginger anti-dandruff shampoo because it was on sale,so I thought, why not? It smells great and lathers very well. It does leave my hair feeling nice and clean and tends not to dry my hair out like the medicated shampoos would. I would buy this again at sale price. It was a decent shampoo, although if dandruff were a persistent issue for me, I don't know that I'd use this to get rid of it. Maybe for preventative maintenance... I almost wish there were a coordinating conditioner to go with it.

July 19, 2015

My son uses this for his dry scalp. totally works. smells awesome.

July 25, 2014

This shampoo works! Got rid of the dandruff, stopped itchy scalp, the only thing I didn't like was the smell.

May 21, 2014

First, let me tell you a little bit about my hair:
I have below shoulder length, color treated hair. I have fairly fine hair, but a lot of it.. I have a mix of S-shaped waves and loose ringlets. Frizziness and dryness are a problem for me. I do have dandruff and a dry scalp, as well as itchiness.

My feelings on the product:
I have been using this shampoo for about a month now. Before this I was using the Aveeno Anti-Dandruff shampoo but I was finding that my scalp was still flaky. I remembered reading an article claiming this was one of the best shampoos for dandruff, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I did purchase it in the store for $10, though the website does list it at $9. Though The Body Shop is always running promotions so it's easy to get it cheaper.

This is a clear, yellow shampoo. To me, it smells like ginger ale. I don't particularly like the smell of ginger but I've grown to like the smell of this. You don't need much for a rich, frothy lather. The lather is really creamy and it spreads really well through your hair. I leave it on for a few minutes to let it do it's thing, though the packaging doesn't mention needing to do this. When I rinse it out, my hair does feel a little bit dry and tangled, but it is fine as long as you follow with conditioner.

Now to the most important part, does it really work? Yes yes YES. I have never had a shampoo work this well for clearing my scalp. I've used many different dandruff shampoos and none have worked as well as this does. My scalp is COMPLETELY clear, and that's not something I ever experienced with Head and Shoulders or Aveeno. The redness and itchiness is gone as well.

If I had to say one thing negative about it, I would have to say that it's really difficult to get a hold of. It's very popular, so my local store is always out of stock. But when I can get a hold of it, I buy a few. But it's worth it.

March 27, 2013

This shampoo works great for dryness and dandruff. I use it twice a week and then a sulffer free shampoo that I purchace from a salon. I find if you use it all the time, it does not have the effectivness. It smells good too. It is also good to use the Banana conditioner after to keep the hair looking shiny.

June 12, 2012

As someone who has a dry scalp, I have tried many different shampoos. This shampoo worked well in the beginning, but I found that if I used it every day - its effectiveness wore off. I would suggest to use it every other day. My scalp is not as dry and I have less flakes.

May 21, 2010

I've had dandruff since I was 12 I think and I used Head and Shoulders since the other members of my family used it and it seemed to be the most effective shampoo. But over the years of using Head and shoulders I started noticing that I lost a lot of hair. It was then that someone told me about the Body Shop's ginger shampoo. The bottle was a little pricey in comparison to how much I usually paid for a bottle of any type of shampoo even when I bought the bottle in sale. I have to say though that the money I pay, though a little extra, is definitely worth it.

I usually wash my hair twice, once using a tiny amount to get rid of the initial oil and the second time to really lather it in. It lathers up really well and has a great ginger smell that immediately wakes me up. It does tend to leave my hair a tiny bit dry, but then again every dandruff shampoo i've done tends to do that a little. My flakes have definitely decreased since my using the shampoo. My scalp feels a lot better and the itching has immensely decreased. My hair's gotten stronger also, as I see less hair falling out when i'm in the shower now. All in all a great buy if you have a dry or itchy scalp :D

December 27, 2007

I love this ginger shampoo. Although I don't have dandruff problem, I find my scalp very dry and itchy in the winter. So I bought this shampoo which is designed to condition dry flaky scalps. Since I've started using it, I've noticed the dryness had improved. I also love the smell of ginger; it's refreshing and it's light. I use this along with the Olive Glossing condition. My hair always feel soft and silky. It's really really great product!