The Body Shop Hi-Shine Lip Treatment

The Body Shop Hi-Shine Lip Treatment Reviews

Ranked #471 out of 655 in Lip Gloss

A range of ultra-shiny, sheer tinted, wet-look lip glosses that offer intense moisturization and conditioning for the lips. Dermatologically tested.

September 17, 2013

I love this lip gloss / lip treatment. My favourite thing about it is that it is not sticky like most of the lip gloss normally do. The coloring is also not too bright, yet sparkly enough. Great product

May 18, 2011

The kind I have is the Party Pink color, and I'm pretty happy with it. Of course, since I don't have chapped lips or anything like that, I can't really comment on its "lip treatment" properties, but it doesn't smell/taste like cheap chemicals (which is a bonus)!

I don't wear make-up, but in the rare event that I do apply this gloss, I apply very little and spread it around. It sparkles and makes my smile more luminous! :)

I got this as a gift from friends, so I'm glad that I didn't pay $10 for it. Overall, it wasn't disappointing, but I suggest that you find another lip treatment/lip gloss product to buy.

May 27, 2010

As the name of the product states, it is a lip treatment, but it also functions as a lip gloss. The price isn't drugstore affordable, but it's not high end expensive, just an average price. The colour applies quite sheer, but there is a hint of colour. It is very shiny, and a very thick gloss but I find that it is too sticky. After the gloss wore off, I didn't find that my lips were moisturized or any better than they were before. This was okay as a gloss, and didn't treat my lips afterwards, but it was moisturizing while it was on, despite being too sticky.

April 10, 2009

This is called a lip treatment because it is supposed to make your lips LOOK plumper (it not actually a plumping lip gloss!) I like it, but don’t love it. It does deliver on its promise to make your lips lustrous and shiny, and I do like the subtle hint of colour. Also, I was pleasantly surprised to discover the passion fruit scent – it smells like passion fruit even when it’s on your lips (so if you don’t like this scent, stay away!!) My only problem with this lip gloss is that it is fairly heavy and pretty sticky. Overall it was fun but I don’t think I would repurchase (stickiness is a huge breaking point for me).

September 29, 2007

Color is great, looks fantastic-lasts long. My only issue is that the "sparkle" bits get stuck on my lips after the shine is gone-which you might like but it feels odd. I think it would look great on anyone because it is natural looking- it is not too strong or light. I really recommend it. I was exposed to it because I got it in a free gift with purchase deal.

September 21, 2007

I love this lip gloss from the Body Shop. I bought the Mauve Dream and it looks wonderful. It is nice and shiny but not too sticky. I found it really helps lock in the moisture on the lips so I never feel dry. The colour is subtle and not overpowering. It gives my lips a beautiful, soft but sexy look. It is also scented with their passion fruit fragrant; I love the passion fruit scent, so I am really enjoying the lip gloss. However, if you don't like scented lipsticks or the passion fruit, I don't recommend this lip gloss because the scent is pretty strong.